"Chachi… It's… not like that. I am just going to give him lunch" I said looking flustered. 

"Don't listen to her rants. You go or else you will be late" Ma said. I nodded at her and went to the car. The driver opened the car for me. I hoped inside after asking him to go to the office. 

Everything is going fine. Its all feels like dream. But still I don't know why I feel like something is wrong. I don't know why do I feel like this. May be its because of my marriage with Dev is next month. I felt my heart pounding inside my chest. I clutched my chest tightly. I felt sweat beads forming on my forhead. Suddenly my gaze fell on my watch. I frowned when I saw the time. Its 11.56 pm. My phone started to rang. When I checked the caller ID, it's Dev. With my sweaty palms I was about to pick his call but the driver's scream halted me. 

"Mam, car's break is not working" he screamed in panic. I looked at him shocked. Suddenly my phone slipped from my sweaty hands. 

"What… What should we do now?" I asked him trying to breath normal. 

"Mam, I can't control the car's speed. You just jump out of this car. So at least you could escape with some bruises. Please mam, jump out of this car" he said in his trembling voice. 

"What about you? How can you escap?" I asked him. 

"Malhotra family did a lot to me and my family. If anything happens to me, I know that they will take care of my family. But I can't let anything happen to you. Just jump out of the car, mam. The car speed is increasing" he said. His voice laced with urgency. I nodded at him and tried to open the door but it was locked. I tried again and again but of no use. 

"Mam, what happened?" he asked me. 

"It's locked" I said tears already drenched my cheeks. 

"Mam, please try again" he pleaded me. I tried another door. But it was also locked. No matter how much I try its not opening. I just felt my body go numb.  Is it because of my fear or is it because there is no chance for me to escape or is it I accepted whatever is going to come to me? I don't know. But I felt all my energy is drained. I rested my head on the window feeling exhausted and dizzy closing my eyes. The car speed made me nauseous. I heard the driver screaming about something. I opened my eyes slowly. I saw a large truck coming towards me through the window. I felt the truck is coming towards the car in a slow motion. But I know it's only my mind playing games with me. So is it my end? I smiled though tears flowed on my cheeks. The distance between the truck and the car decreased little by little. I shut my eyes tightly. All moments I spent with Dev flashed in my mind.

Though I spent a few months with Dev, that is the most beautiful memories in my life. If I die today, how will he react? Will he cry for me? Will he miss me? I…. don't want to die…. I want to live with him. Though we both created beautiful memories together I still want to create more beautiful memories. We are not yet married. Our marriage is in next month. Can't I survive? God….. Can't you give me a chance? If it had happened before I met him, then I would have accepted my fate without any worries.

But after meeting him, now only I got to expreinece how it felt to be loved and cared by someone. It's like giving eyesight to the blind person and snatching it away from him when he witnessed the Beauty of the colorful world. I wish I live… The moment I opened my eyes, the truck was already clashed into the car forcefully. The impact made the car roll four or five times on the road. I felt my head spinning and ringing sound in my ear. Soon I felt something warm coming from my nose and forehead. A painful sob escaped my mouth when I felt the  throbbing pain all over my body and in the back of my head. But soon my vision got blurry and soon blackness consumed me.