Its not real love

"Maddy knew who she was from a very early age

"Maddy knew who she was from a very early age. For as long as Maddy could remember, everybody loved her. She never knew exactly what it was. She just knew she had something special. Something intangible. Something immeasurable. And it gave her confidence. That's why she loved pageantry, because you didn't have to be the prettiest, or the tallest, or the blondest, or the whitest. You just had to have fucking confidence. And she probably would have went on to win Miss Universe. If it wasn't for this guy."

"Her dreams were dashed by some random fifty-year-old creep who didn't molest her, let alone meet her. She refused to eat for a week out of protest. But then she realized how much she liked not doing anything. Maddy would never say it out loud, especially not today because everybody's so political, but she never really had any desire to have a career or job. She was just interested in doing what she did, just without school and the other bullshit. Her mother was an esthetician, which is just a fancy way of saying she gave pedicures to rich people. And her dad was a drunk who was always pretending to hold jobs longer than he did. She quickly realized that there are two kinds of people in the world. The people who sit in the chairs, with their feet in the footbath. And the people who kneel in front of the footbath. She used to sit and study the women who came in, her favorite woman to study was Anna Valentine. In Maddy's eyes, Anna was the woman she wanted to be. She'd pay attention to what they wore and what they'd talk about. And what she realized is that not of them actually did anything. I mean, they may have had children to raise or like, homes to decorate, but at the end of the day, they literally did nothing. And strangely, none of them had confidence. She had a thing for Nate for a while before he finally asked her out. At first, he was a gentleman. Like, flowers every day gentleman. And he was smarter than most guys."

"Plus Nate like, really loved her."

"And she did love Nate. She loved her relationship with Nate. She was also a really good girlfriend. Granted, she didn't always tell the truth."

She wasn't a virgin because when she was fourteen, on vacation in Panama city beach, she met a guy who was like, forty."

"Which in retrospect, seems kind of rape-y, and weird, but honestly she was the one in control."

"She could tell by looking into Nate's eyes how much it meant to him."

"That she was one hundred percent his."

"Plus it's not like anyone could feel the fucking difference. But that's the thing about guys like Nate. They don't actually want a person. They want something they can own and possess. Like Sharon Stone in Casino. But the cool thing about Sharon Stone in Casino is that she ran the fuck over De Niro."

"And she did the same to Nate."

"Seriously, Sharon Stone in Casino was like, Maddy's spirit animal. She also watched a lot of porn. Not because it turned her on or anything, it didn't. But if you analyzed it really closely, there were a ton of really good secrets. Sometimes during sex, she would imagine she was a ventriloquist controlling her body, moving her hips and arching her back in just the right way. She wanted Nate to feel good about the way he fucked. Because if you make a guy feel confident and powerful. Well, they'll do anything."