nine. ‎ ‎ nothing ever lasts

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The results of what she saw the night of the Carnival happened fast. Maddy apparently showed up to school with bruises around her neck which she tried covering with makeup and a turtleneck, but the heat got to her and she passed out. The EMTs saw the bruises and that's when everything flipped.

"Ms. Bennett, do you have any information about what happened between Maddy Perez and Nate Jacobs?"

Ronnie was there when Maddy was choked by the taller football player and she didn't do anything in the moment. She ran away and felt like a coward, being able to enjoy herself with a boy who would never do what Nate did to her friends' friend. It was an awful things.

"Yes." Ronnie wrapped her arms around herself, nodding. "is this gonna get back to me?"

Principal Hayes watched the girl before him. She was trembling as she tried comforting herself. The door was already closed, but she was still twitchy in her seat.

"No, Ronnie, nobody's gonna know you said anything."

So she told him the truth. She told him what she saw that night and then left the room. She truly hoped that Principal Hayes kept his word. She didn't know what exactly would transpire after this, but she felt in the pit of her stomach it wouldn't be good.

She should have went back to her class when she had the chance. But she was just so nervous, trying her best to stop the way her hands shook every second. It grew even worse when two police officers arrived and she watched Principal Hayes find the class Nathan was in.

Why she didn't she try harder to run to the bathroom? Do something, anything, before it was too late? Because Nate Jacobs already saw her and he remembered exactly what happened after he choked Maddy.

"You know kissing a girl isn't fun when she's not into it." Fez pulled away from Ronnie's neck, the girl sitting on his bed with her head slightly cocked to the side, staring off into space. "And I'm not that guy so you mind tellin' me what's going on?"

She couldn't form the words. She no longer knew what to say; falling silent the moment Fez started kissing her neck. All she could think about was what Maddy was probably going through. Maddy probably felt alone all weekend, not being able to talk to anyone but she was there. She could have helped her and she didn't, now there was a huge investigation with Maddy in the middle of all of it; the girl probably embarrassed since people knew her business.

She was too paranoid after seeing Nate that she decided to just walk out of school. The principal and the police were occupied with the domestic abuse case that nobody would even care if she left. She drove her car away from the school, not realizing where she was going until the familiar place Fez called his home came into view.

She greeted him by pulling him into a kiss and the two made their way up to his room, the girl trying to forget everything by being with him. But it didn't work because the moment she pulled him into her so he could kiss her neck, her mind was no longer in the room,

"I'm fine." She pressed her lips against Fez's. Pulling away, she started removing her shirt from over her head. "I think I need you right now." Her voice was muffled as her shirt got stuck. "help me, please."

Fez let out a small sigh and instead of doing what she asked, he lowered her shirt. Ronnie wasn't pleased with his actions, her bottom lip jutting out as Fez straightened the ends of the girl's shirt. She wanted a distraction and right now he was being the perfect gentleman, something she didn't want.

"Don't you want me?" She leaned closer to him, holding his hands in hers. "did our weekend together suddenly turn you off?" But Fez removed his hands from hers.