'I'm sorry you didn't get to sleep, you should've woken me' I told her, but she waved my apology away.

'I only got back about an hour ago and you needed the rest. Besides, I don't sleep that much anyway' she replied, putting the blade away and standing to move towards me.

She pulled back the animal fur that had been draped over me, I hadn't noticed it earlier but I guessed that was what had made me so warm. It definitely hadn't been there last night so I assumed Lexa had put it there when she'd returned.

For some reason this made me want to smile but I refrained when Lexa wordlessly offered me an outstretched hand, knowing the effort it would take for me to rise unaided.

I nodded in thanks and lifted my arm, she grasped it firmly and pulled me up in such a way that it wouldn't hurt my bruised stomach. Even so I gasped in pain, pulling my arm out of her grip as I swung my legs over the side of the bed.

Lexa regarded me with a mixture of concern and confusion, not understanding what she had done to hurt me.

After a moment she lifted my arm with steady hands from where it had been cradled by my side, her movements slow so as not to cause me any pain.

Keeping her eyes on mine to watch for any sign of distress, she gently rolled back the sleeve of my jacket, revealing the raw wound that had been previously concealed.

A growl escaped her lips when her eyes flicked over the obvious result from the metal cuffs. I hadn't even known I'd injured myself when I was pulling against the chains, testing their strength.

'Nyko' she roared over her shoulder, the healer rushing in a second later, head lowered in respect.

'Yes Heda?' he murmered, coming to a stop just inside the entrance, not daring to move any closer.

'Get me some bandages' she ordered, her eyes remaining on my wrists as Nyko hurried to his tent.

'They chained you up' she whispered, her fingers hovering over the wounds. I could only nod, there was nothing I could say to that, only confirm what she already knew.

When she lifted her eyes to mine they were filled with a mixture of sorrow, anguish and fury but it was not me these feelings were directed at.

Nyko returned with the bandages but as he approached Lexa held out her hand for them, Nyko hesitating a second before giving them over.

'Heda? Are you sure -'

'I am perfectly capable of applying some bandages, now leave' she snapped, not bothering to look as he backed out fearfully.

We remained in silence for a few minutes as Lexa crouched in front of me and carefully wrapped the bandages around my damaged skin. I tried to ignore how close we were, trying to look anywhere else but at her as I desperately thought of something to say.

'You have all of the Grounders on edge' I commented as she gently tugged the binding tighter, her expression one of pure concentration.

'They are smart to know when not to get in the way of my anger, it is not them I wish to take it out on' she replied, and I knew exactly who she wanted to take it out on, my people.

'Octavia said that you were ready to take the camp by force' I said, recalling the conversation from the ark.

'I would fight a thousand battles to save you Clarke but Octavia made me understand that you would not approve of my actions, that you would never forgive me, but even then I still considered it. Even if you hated me, you would be alive and well and that is what matters.' she told me fiercly, looking up at me with a powerful gaze.