'Enough' Lexa ordered sharply, seeing my discomfort and Nyko immediately withdrew his hands, moving around the bed to inspect my face instead. I had yet to see how bad it looked, but judging by how much it hurt, I could tell that it was a less than pretty sight.

Nyko refrained from touching my injured cheek, merely scanning his eyes over it before standing back to deliver his report to the commander.

'She has recieved a number of bruises that will take a while to heal, but nothing life threatening. No bones are broken and with some rest she will be fine, though she shouldn't take part in any strenuous activity for the next few days' he advised, clasping his hands behind his back as the commander considered his words.

'Very well, that will be all for now' she said, dismissing him with the slightest nod of her head, moving to stand by the bed.

Nyko looked almost relieved to be leaving, making a beeline for the exit, thankful that he had managed not to upset the commander, which would have possibly resulted in him losing his life.

I didn't doubt for a moment that in her current mood she wouldn't have thought twice about it, acting first and thinking later.

As Nyko left, a young Grounder rushed past him into the tent, not bothering to ask permission to enter in his flustered state, his eyes widening in suprise when he saw me laid out on the bed, my shirt pulled up to expose my stomach.

When Lexa pierced him with a murderous glare, he respectfully averted his eyes before the commander stepped between us, blocking his line of sight for the sake of my modesty.

'What do you want? she growled as I desperately tried to pull down my shirt, my face burning bright red with embarrassment.

The Grounder mumbled something in Trigedasleng, stumbling over the words as he squirmed under the commanders steady gaze. Lexa thought for a moment when he fell silent before turning to face me, the steely glare momentarily replaced by a more tender look.

'I'm afraid I will have to attend to this, but I will not be long. You should get some sleep and rest, I will return soon' she told me in a soft voice before the two of them left, the young Grounder scurrying fearfully infront of her.

My eyes started to droop and before I could even begin to wonder what had happened, I sunk into a deep and peaceful sleep, exhausted after my recent ordeal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed contentedly and snuggled deeper into the bed as I reluctantly began to wake, I couldn't remember the last time I had been so comfortable. This was the best sleep I'd had in a while, my previous cell not having been built with comfort in mind.

I allowed myself to enjoy the warmth that surrounded me, not wanting to ever move. I eventually tried to roll over but groaned when my body protested at the movement, deciding for the moment to stay where I was on my back.

Cracking my eyes open, I squinted slightly at the light flooding my eyes before they adjusted and I lay in confusion for a moment, not recognizing my surroundings.

As I started to remember the previous night, it slowly dawned on me where I was. In the commanders tent, in the commanders bed.

Slowly turning my head, I saw that Lexa was sat on her throne, casually playing with her knife as she watched me with a hint of a smile.

'Morning commander' I mumbled quietly, at a loss for what to say.

Lexa made no move to reply, not taking her eyes from me as she absentmindly twirled the knife in her hand. From the amount of light filling the tent I assumed that it was well into the morning and I realized that Lexa hadn't slept since I had arrived last night and felt a rush of guilt at taking up her bed.