21:58 - not real

The street was like an anthill, noisy from the sirens of the police cars, and the policeman's shouting, the people who happened to walk through it were now in a hurry to get out of it, automatically making themselves suspicious.

"The glasses." the Professor whispered to Alicia.

"What about them?" the woman asked nervously.

"Take them off! It's night!" he told her impatiently as he grabbed her elbow and made her take a turn on a corner.

"Who cares?! There are cops everywhere! And most of them know me! Let's go back! This street is even more flooded by them!"

"We can't turn around now. Keep walking!"

"I can't pass them by, you idiot! They will recognize me!"

"They can recognize me too." he said between his teeth. "It's not just you who is looked for, you forgot that?!"

"Shut up! Damn it, if I end up in prison because of you, you'll regret that, I swear!"

"If you end up in prison that has nothing to do with me. It will be because you turned against them." he said objectively. "Don't slow down!"

"They are coming right towards us!" Alicia froze. "You shouldn't have taken the cap, my hair will betray us!"

He swallowed as he looked at their imminent doom. Then he moved his hand from her back, and grabbed her wrist instead.

"Ok..." he said pondering. "We're going to make out." he whispered, then looked at her, moving his other hand to her face. "Make it believable!"

"What?!"

By the time Alicia realized what he wanted, he was already doing it.

He pushed her against the wall of the nearby building, seriously hoping that the cops walking towards them will buy into these bypasser's irresistible need to kiss each other.

They were hiding in plain sight, he hid his face by kissing her, while also trying to hide her too, with his body, and his hands on the side of her head, also trying to not leave the little Victoria between them breathless. Alicia was taken by surprise for a moment, but then she locked her lips with his, and kissed him back, wildly, almost angrily, her hand going up to the back of his neck, as she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him even closer.

After a while, starting to ask herself how much is necessary, she broke the kiss to take a peek to the street above his shoulder.

"Those two who were coming towards us are gone." she whispered into his neck. "But now they are on both sides of the street, we are now stuck here, you genius! Is your plan that we keep kissing until they go away?! And another one is coming!" she told him furiously, her nails digging into his skin on the back of his neck.

She pulled her head back trying to hide on the other side of his face. He wrapped his arm around her, and seeing the approaching cop from the corner of his eyes, she kissed her cheek, and his lips almost reached hers again when the cop shouted at them. "Hey!"

He tried to not react too panicked, but he felt Alicia's whole body becoming more tense in his embrace.

"Find another place to snog, this is a crime scene!" the cop told them impatiently as he hurried forward.

"That was close..." Alicia sighed into his chest as she rested her forehead on his shoulder. He placed a hand on the back of her head reassuringly.

"He's right! Get a room, people!" an older man stopped near them and looked at them judgingly.

They both winced and blinked at him being alarmed.

"I don't know what this chaos is about but it seems serious..." the man continued.

The Professor pulled his cloak together to hide Victoria.

"We were about to... get a room, actually." the Professor said awkwardly, still holding Alicia close to himself. "But I lost my entrance card to the flat." he chuckled. "I must have left it at the restaurant..."

"But you live here, right?" Alicia asked, jumping on the opportunity to vanish from the damned street. "Would you be kind to let us in?" she smiled shyly at the man nodding towards the door, and made sure that the man sees her clinging into the Professor's hand.

"I don't remember seeing you here." the man said suspiciously looking at the Professor. "Or did I? You do look familiar..."

Alicia locked her fingers with his, squeezing his hand so strongly that it was almost painful.

"I moved here a week ago." he said. His gaze fell on the work-clothes he was wearing, typical for the nearby gas station. "I remember seeing you, we passed each other by once early in the morning. And once late in the afternoon. But that was my first day, it was last week." he said, quickly merging the gas station's program with the date.

The man let out a sigh, and Alicia's grasp eased on the Professor's hand as the man opened the door, letting them step inside.

"I live here on the ground floor. What apartment are you staying in?"

The Professor froze for a moment. Then his gaze stopped on a stuffed mailbox on the other wall. He couldn't see the number without his glasses. This time he was the one to squeeze Alicia's hand, making her follow his gaze, and putting in her hand the outcome of this sharp situation. He could only hope that the woman will understand what he wanted. Meanwhile he intentionally dropped a pen from his pocket and turned around to pick it up to have a reason to not answer and to buy Alicia some time. "Ugh... I'm so clumsy!"

She was confused for a moment, but then she looked back at the man, before the lack of answer could have become suspicious.

"42." she said. "He's not just clumsy and loses his stuff, he's also lazy to forward the previous owner's mail..." she said with an unapproving roll of her eyes, then she let out a sigh, shaking her head lightly. "He gets on my nerves quite often, but..." she pouted as she moved her gaze back at him and looked into his eyes with such a seductive gaze, that it took Sergio a moment to remind himself that it was not real. "I love him anyway!" she finished her sentence and placed a kiss on his cheek, taking him by surprise. "Come on!" she then grabbed his hand and dragged him after herself towards the stairs, like a needy, clingy girlfriend.

"I'm Ramon, by the way." the man said.

"Salva." he nodded at him and patted the man on his shoulder as he passed them by. "Thanks man, I owe you a beer!" he winked at him as he let himself being dragged by Alicia up the stairs.