chapter two ( welcome partner )

it had been 3 hours since the building had been closed yet i still found myself sitting in taeyong's office in the same leather seat. we went from topic to topic never once withdrawing our eyes from each other.

"so i'm sure this won't come as a surprise but-"

taeyong quickly changed our rambling conversation with something more serious.

"y/n, i am hiring you to be my strategic assistant" he blushed bringing his glass to clash against mine.

i refrained from squealing like a child and swiftly stood up and bowed. taeyong looked at me as he started to brainstorm his next sentence in his head.

"thank you so much taeyong i- i will work extremely hard to suit your standards and really give my all to this company" i found myself trembling again. taeyong, immediately walked over and squeezed his body against mine, i wrapped my arms around his neck.

"say, tomorrow we are hosting a small party at my good friend doyoung's house" he said tucking the loose hair behind my ear "i think you should come, great opportunity to meet who you'll be working with and to make new friends"

i answered with another long embrace and kissed taeyong on his cheek, "that would be wonderful!"

[] time skip

walking along the corridors at night would normally feel eerie but, i felt comforted by my new surroundings. the moonlight splashing in through the windows and covered the walls, it was like looking at something straight out of a movie!

i took one last look at taeyong's office, he had to finish signing some papers, and exhaled.
i quickly scurried outside and collapsed into my car. squealing a vibrant red flushed my face. finally, i job i might actually want to work at for the rest of my life.

the drive home lasted for hours however my mind was preoccupied so it felt like only a few minutes. taeyong's bright warm smile and eyes was locked into my mind like a safe. "just wait until i tell my friend about th—"

slamming the breaks a dreadful thought flooded all the colour out of my face, my phone. my phone still remained in taeyong's office,

ignoring the choir of beeps and horns behind i crashed my head on the steering wheel.
it was too late to turn back as the building has probably been locked up. did taeyong notice it after i had left? or did he notice it before and not tell me?! can i trust him.

i quickly shook off the paranoid thoughts, "taeyong wouldn't snoop on my phone let alone hide it from me! who am i kidding taeyong has got to be one of the most trusting and respectful man i have ever met in very long time"

taking a couple long breaths i finished my journey home. the time i got home escaped me as i fell asleep with the burden of my phone being lost somewhere.

[] time skip

*knock*
muffled noises arose from downstairs, familiar but i still lay motionless in bed. which only made them get louder, frustrated i pulled the covers closer to my ears hoping to help block out the sound.
no use.
"alright i-i'm on my way" my speech was slurred as i slid my way out of bed. drowsily locating my door i tumbled downstairs and inched my way closer to the obnoxious noise. then, the door swung open and again using my broken voice muttered "who is it"

"y/n sorry for the early visit but i think you forgot this", i was then handed a rectangular brick.

i looked up, adjusting my eyes to such a bright light, "thank you mr— TAEYONG!!?" looking down at my embarrassing set of pjs i inched the door to a crack from where taeyong squinted at me through a playful smile.
"oh god, this is um unexpected and embarrassing i am so sorry taeyong you had to come all the way here to fix a stupid mishap i caused."
he shook his head, "please y/n i should apologise for coming over without any notice, and-" he cleared his throat "and for checking your phone."

"ah ahh" i awkwardly chuckled clutching the door, i still wasn't able to fully process the situation i panicked "would you like to come in?" i closed the door even more.

"well," he laughed "that's only if i was actually able to get in" he smiled looking at my small fingers gripping onto the almost closed door.

"oh!" slowly i reopened the door again followed by another awkward chuckle. "it's not much but" both of us gazed around my small house. taeyong lead himself in and was quickly drawn over to my pottery. he blew carefully on the delicate pots and wiped away the dust, embarrassing i ushered him to the table.

"so,, tea?" i shrugged, i hadn't really planned this far on what to do next. i haven't had a real guest over in months as i had recently moved in, the messy look of a new home was too embarrassing for anyone to see. but yet here in my home sat at my table is my new boss, taeyong.

"wow" i whispered under my breath.

setting down the teacups they quietly tapped against the shiny wooden surface. the teapot showered the teacups as taeyong watched as i poured his fill.

"i won't stop for long", i slightly gasped harshly setting down the teapot after my thoughts were shattered by taeyongs comment.

"of course! busy man" i manoeuvred into my seat and quietly sipped on my tea. it was scolding hot, trying not to spit it out i shook my body as if guiding down the molten liquid through my body. free at least i exhaled and let out a few polite coughs.
to my surprise taeyong had pretty much downed my tea as he was wiping the excess away from his soft pink lips.

"ahh, thanks y/n. and again i'm terribly sorry about the whole phone thing" he said as he placed his teacup on the kitchen side.

still, suffering from the burn of my previous gulp of tea i shook my head and covered my mouth. again letting out a few more coughs, the hair on the back of my neck stood up as a large fragile hand caressed my back.

"geez y/n, you ok?"

"yes!" spluttering my tea out. looking down at me he tilted his head and stuck a couple steps back. i sighed as i knew taeyong had to leave.

"hey, y/n remember party at doyoungs at 8" he said seeing himself out the door.

just before i could squeeze another word in the door was shut. wait. how will i know how to get to doyoungs.

my phone suddenly lighting up within my lap. it read a message from "t"

" i'll be over at 7:30 be ready "

well that solves that problem.