Chapter 6

"Okay, I trust you. I won't ask why an FBI agent is on board this bus," said Light.

'He saw it. He saw it. He saw it.' you thought to yourself. It was all over. You were on the verge of tears.

"Got a gun?" Light asked Penber.

"Yes, I do," he replied.

"So you'll take care of it if something happens?"

"Yes."

You wanted to slap Light across the face with all your might.

"Oops." Light dropped a crumpled piece of paper, and it landed on the aisle. He bent over to pick it up.

"Hey you!" the bus-jacker shouted, noticing Light. "Hold it! What's that paper?!"

He pointed his gun at Light, then walked towards him.

"Passing notes, ey? Tryin' to play something, are ya?" he said as he bent over to pick up the paper.

"Tch," he said as he read the paper. "Just some plans for a date. Drop something again and I'll shoot ya!"

Immediately after that, the bus-jacker started shouting in terror. The paper he had touched was a page from the Death Note, he could see Ryuk.

To everyone besides you and Light, he appeared to be hallucinating.

"He's hallucinating, he must be on drugs! Everybody get down!" Penber shouted.

The jacker started shooting at Ryuk.

Light put his arm around you as the two of you ducked.

Though both of your parents worked for Interpol, it was your first time seeing a gun being fired in real life. You were quite frightened.

The jacker ran out of bullets then ran to the bus driver. He shouted at him to stop the bus, then burst out of the doors.

You slowly peered out the window, and you saw the jacker scrambling out of the doors, as well as a a car approaching on high speed.

Suddenly, you felt a hand cover your eyes. It was Light. He quickly pulled you away from the window.

Light felt like he already put you through enough. He did not want you to see the grotesque manner in which that criminal would be leaving this world in.

"Exactly 11:45," you barely heard him mutter under his breath, as he looked at his watch.

Light suddenly stood up.

"Stay here, (F/N). I'll just go and take a look at the situation. Don't look outside, okay? It would be best if you didn't see the body," he said to you.

You nodded.

Light headed to the front of the bus, and met with Penber.

"Hey," he said.

"Yes?" replied Light.

"I'm actually in Japan on a top-secret mission and if the Japanese police...well..."

"I understand," said Light. "I won't tell anybody about meeting you. That includes my father, of course."

"Then I'm out of here. Don't want to be around when the police arrive," said Penber as he took off.

Light returned to where you were.

"Hey (F/N), I know we were all set to go to Space Land, but after something like this..." Light trailed off. He had never seen you look so dejected.

"Well if you're still up for it, do you still want to go? It's not a long walk from here," Light said to you.

Light thought you were acting strange. Knowing you, something like this should have amazed you in a certain sense. Being involved in a bus jacking was not something which happened every day, after all. He didn't think you were the type to get frightened by something like this. You also should've been excited over the fact that there was an FBI agent in Japan, and even more, he was behind you on the bus.