|8|

•Wilbur's POV•
•|Described in 3rd Person|•

Wilbur was crouching down staring at a very peculiar tome he was given a few moments prior. The tome was made with a unique texture, unlike that of leather. Its pages were kept neet but as for the book itself, it was quite filthy.

The tome's cover slightly shimmered as the sunlight gently caressed it, even if it was filthy, the book still held a remarkable level of beauty. Well, that was one thing the book & the one holding it had in common.

Wilbur glimpsed at the figure next to him, a male whose legs slightly bounced up and down in the water of a small pond, creating small ripples within the mystic blue waters. The guy's upper body laid peacefully on the grass as he used his arms as a cushion. The man's hair wasn't long per se... But it was long enough to cover his own eyes, so it was unclear to Wilbur whether they were asleep or just staring into the distance.

“Why did you give me this again?” Wilbur questioned while skimming through a few pages, not really having any interest in the object in hand. The man next to Wilbur slightly shifted, “Just shut up and read.”

Wilbur scoffed at the command, just who does this guy think he is? He didn't hold any form of authority over Wilbur, so why bother giving him useless tasks such as this? Wilbur only sighed & took out a cigarette and lit it, he might as well read the book while smoking.

Wilbur skipped a few pages and read one at random. It wasn't that interesting... In fact, it bored Wilbur just having to read the sloppy & terrible writing. As an attempt to make things a bit more interesting, he started reading the words aloud, maybe it would sound better said out loud than just reading alone.

“Did you fucking cause this man- manstisity? Oh, wait it's spelt wrong, you meant monstrosity.” The figure next to Wilbur shifted & slightly raised his head in confusion about what Wilbur was planning this time.

“Hey, what-” “FOR IT IS ALWAYS YOU WHO CAUSES THESE KINDS OF TROUBLES!” Wilbur cut off the other's sentence, he jumped up and made a dramatic pose. You'd think he took on a role in a play written by Shakespeare. 

“YOUR EXISTENCE IS A CURSE TO THIS WORLD! A SINFUL BEING IS WHAT YOU ARE, IF ONLY YOU LOOKED AS BAD AS A CURSE THEN-” Wilbur stopped mid-sentence, his grin growing ever so larger. The man next to Wilbur was both confused & scared... Something was about to happen and he didn't like it. In advance, the man sat up, ready to run away when needed.

“Aaaaww, is this your way to tell me I'm attractive?” Wilbur crouched down and hugged the man, clinging to his side like a koala to a tree. “You could've just told me to my face you know.” The figure's face morphed into a disgusted expression. What kind of bullshit was this guy spouting now?

“What the actual living subscriber are you talking about?” The said man questioned, Wilbur's intentions were and still are quite hard to identify. “You basically called me attractive.” Wilbur raised his eyebrows, waiting for the other's response.

“You didn't know?” The man sighed & shook his head, “Not only are you stupid, but you're blind as well.” Wilbur ignored the clear insult, he only focused on the hidden compliment.

The man only grimaced at Wilbur's expression, knowing he wasn't listening to what he was saying and didn't even bother to realise that wasn't the main point. Wilbur opened his mouth to speak when the man wearing a chambray shirt shoved the cigarette into Wilbur's mouth, receiving a gag from the other.

Wilbur spit out the cigarette and coughed, “What the fuck Jared?” Jared held in a chuckle, “Oh I'm sorry, your cigarette was falling out of your mouth, so I put it back in place for you.” Wilbur glared, “You twat.” “Wanker.”

The two glared at one another, not once blinking.

“Dick head.” “Dude who got fucked by a fish.” Wilbur scoffed, “You know damn well it wasn't a normal fish.” Jared rolled his eyes, “Oh I'm sorry, I meant a fucking shapeshifter.”

Jared continued, “I bet you her name wasn't even really Sally, you probably made up that part.” “And what if I did?” “Then you're a fucking ass liar.” “Am I not already?”

The two glared once more, the atmosphere ever so stiffened.

‘Ding!’

A notification sounded and a small screen popped up into Wilbur's vision. “Oh uh, thanks ‘AyyDNF’ for the tier ones.” Wilbur looked around him trying to find something. “Still don't know what they are yet?” Jared questioned.

Wilbur stared at Jared, “No, I don't know what my fucking followers disguise themselves as.” Jared rolled his eyes, “Just ask them, it ain't that hard.” “Don't you think I've tried that before?”

“If you have I wouldn't know.”

---
Sorry for the long wait

This chapter isn't finished nor is it edited yet but I'll leave this here, so you all know I'm alive

To clarify, No, there is no romance in this book.
And yes, I choose the name, Jared, for one of Wilbur’s emotional support friends.
And yes, Wilbur would be needing one in this story.