018

“ Where am I .....? ”

Subin had just woken up from her deep slumber . Well , she actually fainted after one of the soldiers stabbed a liquid into her , making her out of concious for another few hours .

Her head was spinning and she couldn't see well , but the metallic smell was enough for her to realise that she has been taken away , again .

Subin couldn't yell , couldn't even ask for help . Who would she even call for help ? The soldiers ?

She , at first , felt suffocated around the neck , before realising that they had put a very familiar choker around her neck . She could feel that this time , they had invented one with more high voltage than before and no one could lay a hand one it .

Because before , it was Jaeyun who deactivated her old choker .

“ You're awake ! ” a voice beamed in somehow , a cheerful tone .

Subin rolled her eyes .

“ What do you want , Sunghoon ? ”

There stood a man infront a her , a very charming one but you could see that she's not into him .

“ What do I want ? To save you , of course—— ”

“ Cut the bullshit ! Why are you here ? Why are you holding the whole town hostage ? ”

He smirked , crouching down to Subin's current level .

“ Why do you think I'm here , sweetheart ? You've gone missing after our last mission here , and I'm just here to take you back . But I guess that you made friends here , or should I say lover ? ”

Subin's eyes widened in fear . He found out about Heeseung . Sunghoon finding out about someone being close to her will never be a good news . He almost got Jaeyun killed once when he found out that Jaeyun used to always take her out on a walk .

It was something Jaeyun needed to do . Subin would've lost her mind if he didn't . Sunghoon has always been mental when it comes to Subin . He would do anything to keep her by his side , including mass murder .

He was the only person whom Subin couldn't get a single hand on his mind . Of course she couldn't , they're the same kind , except that he's just a strong minded super soldier and Subin would be considered a freak with super powers .

HYBE created them as a pair . Sunghoon as the leader of the team , Subin as the one behind the team's movements .

Sunghoon looked more than terrified when they first met , but Subin couldn't get a hold of him back then because they were seperated . Sunghoon was brought into HYBE's training facility , where they had trained him to be a killing machine , no mind controlling needed .

He was already fucked up in the head after that .

They convinced him that he could conquer the world , and he did . He believed . Subin , however , was trapped in the basement . They believed that she had her head screwed too .

She didn't . She took one glance at Sunghoon being a maniac , already knew that she had to play along with his sucked up mind .

They didn't meet that often , only once in a while for missions but Sunghoon became overprotective .

“ Sunghoon , let the others go . Please , I'm begging you . ”

Sunghoon smirked .

“ I would , trust me . But you know , I still need to confront your knight and shining armor before that . Not to mention , you found your brother ”

“ Stay away from them or I swear , Park Sunghoon . I'm going to make your life a living hell ! ”

Sunghoon loves the sight of Subin being vulnerable .

“ Not if you don't remember who these people are . Bring the machine in ! ” Sunghoon commanded .

Subin's teeth grazed through her lower lips , trying her best to not do anything stupid that would cost lives . She saw the machine coming in , her nightmare . They used that to erase her memories after every mission , to make her brutal .

It didn't work on her , because she's a mind manipulater . Subin can't get her mind manipulated , but she made them believed she did .

“ You survived this crap all the time , Subin . Don't be afraid . ” she whispered to herself .

They put metals around her head before analyzing the volume they should use on her , something that would make her unstoppable once memories were erased .

“ Full volume . Make the wave strong ” ordered Sunghoon , although he's aware that she could be dead .

If he can't have her , then not even Heeseung could .

Subin gave Sunghoon one last hateful stare before closing her eyes . All she could think of was Heeseung .

That was the only image in her mind before everyone , in and out , heard her screaming in agony .