04

“ I was gone for a week and she's suddenly your new crew ?! ”

“ You were gone for a month , Nam Juhee . She has been my crew for that one long month . Where were you anyway ? ”

“ My brother got married , so my family was busy for the preparations . ”

“ And you didn't even try to invite us ? That's very offensive , Nam Juhee . You should atleast invite Heeseung . ”

Yeonjun pretended to be hurt . Except , he wasn't pretending . He really got hurt for not being invited .

Juhee mumbles something under her breath .

“ What ? ” asked Yeonjun , not being able to hear what she's trying to say .

Again , mumbling .

“ Juhee , I'll marry Heeseung off to Subin if you don't speak loude——— ”

“ I INVITED HUENINGKAI TO THE WEDDING ! ”

The trio stopped working to give Juhee stares . A proud one from Yeonjun , a relieved one from Heeseung and a confused one from Subin .

“ I'm so proud of you !!!! ” Yeonjun jumps over the counter just to hug Juhee .

Juhee ran away to save her life .

“ Hueningkai ? That's Kamal , right ? ” asked Subin to Heeseung .

“ Yeah . How did you know ? ”

“ He lives across me . Nice kid , helps me to feed my rabbits everyday . ”

“ Rabbits ? I thought that you were more of a cat or dog person . ”

“ Someone I love was born in the year of rabbit . So I decided to raise them
. ”

Now Heeseung feels bad for laughing .

Getting closer with Subin was a big challenge for Heeseung . After what he had seen a month ago , he was convinced that Subin is not someone who people thinks she is .

There are times when Heeseung caught Subin being able to finish every single order in seconds . But as Yeonjun said , Subin was and still is , a good barista .

Maybe he was just being paranoid over thoughts of having someone just like him .

A demigod , or something even better .

“ Look at you two ! I remember Heeseung being so distant when I first recruited her . Now you guys are communicating ! That's good . Good job , Lee Heeseung . ” says Yeonjun with Juhee in his arms .

“ You said that you don't flirt , lady ! ”

Looks like Juhee is still on that thing .

“ I don't . Heeseung and I , we're just friends . ”

“ We're not . ”

“ Co-workers . ”

Yeonjun looks at them with the most confused face ever . To say that they're not friends , Yeonjun saw them laughing together every day . To say that they're just co-workers , no co-workers would rush to each other's aid when something bad happens .

Mostly getting splashed by boiling water .

“ Denial stage . Strangers to lovers troupe . ” Yeonjun muttered under his breath .

“ What are you talking about ? Stop matchmaking them ! ”

In the middle of Yeonjun and Juhee's argument , a big military tank and soldiers suddenly march pass the streets . From the looks of everyone outside , it seems to be some serious situation .

The four of them went outside as well , to see what's the deal .

Heart dropping moment for Heeseung when he saw the head of Jaeyun's statue being marched on the street .

“ That's Jaeyun's head ! That thing is so high up there , who on earth did that ?! ” Juhee exclaimed

Whoever did that has absolutely no will to live .

“ Is that ....... Is that war machines ?! What on earth is happening ?! ”

The fear in Heeseung's eyes weren't visible , but obvious for someone .

Someone who looks calm and completely composed when everyone else is freaking out .

“ What's with the fear looking gaze , Lee Heeseung ? ”

“ W-what ? ”

“ Are you afraid of the war , or are you afraid of going to the war alone ? ”

Kang Subin .