Sequel Episode: 1

Author's note: Sequel coming soon this is ep1 (so far). This is a sneak peek.

Esmerelda wakes up and finds herself in the on-call room. A sigh leaves her lips and she starts hearing her phone ring. She grabs it and finds out it's her brother-in-law Trender.

"*yawn* Hello?"

"Esmerelda, how are you? Are you and the baby okay?"

"Yeah, why do you ask Trender?"

"Well, um...Slender."

"What do you mean? I just took a 10-minute nap."

"Esmerelda, you overslept. It's been 8 hours."

"What?!"

"It's literally 7 am."

"*yawn* Ok," Esmerelda says tiredly.

This was the third time she's overslept in the hospital. But again she is pregnant and let's just say pretty tired. However, she did feel guilty. Her husband Slender gets VERY worried about her, now imagine when she's pregnant. Just then she hears her husband's voice.

"Esmerelda, are you okay? How is the baby? Are you feeling sick?"

"I'm fine. I just overslept."

Just then her pager goes off, emergency.

"Sorry, have to go."

"Esmerelda-"

She hangs up and gets up, while doing so she feels her son kick. She giggles and caresses the spot.  She rushes to a room and finds Meredith trying to resuscitate a woman. 

"What do we have?"

"30-year-old woman, she had a heatstroke. We gave her antibiotics to no response."

Esmeralda is giving the woman's folder and helps Meredith.

"1, 2, 3 NOW!"

They keep on giving chest compressions to no avail.

"*sigh* Time of death: 7: 30." Meredith says cleaning up.

Esmerelda grabs her scrub hat and throws it to the desk.

*kick* *kick* *kick*

"Fuck." Esmerelda says groaning.

"You okay?"

"Mhm," Esmerelda says with a nod.

"Head home."

Esmerelda nods and goes to get out of her uniform. Once done changing she heads out and comes face to face with her cousin, Jackson.

"Hi, Jackie."

"Hi, Esmerelda," Jackson says giving his cousin the sign-off sheet.

"Shit, just stop kicking."

"H-Huh?! I-I-"

"Not you dumbass. The baby, he won't stop kicking." She says placing the sheets down. She caresses the spot and grabs a smoothie from her cousin's hand.

"*sip* Fuck." She says clearly not liking it, but again no more caffeine. Bad for the baby.

"At least I threw some out to make him think."

They laugh and she heads out.

"Bye, Jackie!"

"Bye, Es!"

To be continued :)