Nessa

My eyes slowly open, hesitating as a ray of light stretches through a rather large, nearby window, though outside is just filled with countless amounts of gold and green.
On the edge of my view I see my sister sat in an armchair in the corner of my room, a newspaper in hand, I blink a few times and get myself used to the bright light flooding the room.
I analyse the cover of the news paper, I'm slightly perturbed but the green writing on the front, rather than the usual black writing and I'm even more perplexed by what it says.
Governess of Munchkin Land visiting Oz.
"They are rather efficient with these newspapers." I chuckle to myself.
At the sound of my voice, my sister hurriedly throws down the paper and smiles at me, she sits and waits for me to continue talking, but I don't and she decides to fill in the silence herself.
"They always have been rather eager here." My sister comments humorously.
Though I can't help but feel slightly hazy.

"Ive done an awful lot of sleeping lately." I muse audibly to myself, my sister shrugs and looks towards the door.
"You've been tired."
"I'm always tired" I reply bluntly. "What difference does it make?"
Elphaba doesn't bother to try and argue with me as it's a pointless battle because I'm just as stubborn as I am tired and to try a change my mind is a futile mission.
"What's become of Glinda?" I question eagerly.
"Off sweet talking the citizens of Oz." My sister scoffs.
Abruptly Elphaba stands up and paces around the room, I make a mental note of the steps it takes her to get from one side to the other.
Five steps.
My sister turns hastily upon her heel and begins to walk to the opposite side of the room.
Five more steps.
She seems to lose all thoughts entirely as she starts rambling angrily about what being a people pleaser actually means.
Another five steps.
She's gesturing far more forcefully with her arms the further into her ramblings she gets.
Three steps.
Elphies stops in the middle of the room, my brain can't compute the sudden change of steps and I stare dumbfounded at my sister.

"Nessarose are you alright?" My sister questions.
"Why are you pacing like a madwoman?" I cry.
Elphaba sinks back down into her chair.
"They don't trust me." Elphaba snaps "all of those people out there they don't trust me."
I raise an eyebrow towards my sister.
"You always say you don't care that they don't."
"That's because I don't" she replies angrily.
Now I'm rather stumped.
"Then what's the problem, sister?" I query.
"They don't trust me to take care of you!" Elphaba cries out harshly "the one thing that I've been doing all my life and they don't trust me to do it well!"
I stretch out my arms towards my sister and be on her to my bedside as if I'm about to tell her my last words.
Once she's scurried over I take her hands gently in mine.
"You know that's ludicrous, right?" I exclaim.
My sister shifts her gaze away from me, struggling to look me in the eyes.
"If you weren't being helpful I wouldn't have asked you to stay." I say bluntly "don't listen to them because they know nothing about us."
"Nothing" Elphaba reiterates.

Hours pass and I grow bored of laying in bed and doing nothing, I finally work up the effort to ask my sister to get me out of bed, to which she happily obliges.
But now I'm in my chair I'm faced with a new dilemma, that being I have no idea where to go.
I feel terribly awkward leaving my room, because as welcome as I've been made to feel it still feels slightly unusual, like I'm not supposed to be here.
Before I have time to contemplate what I'm going to do next, the door to my room opens.
The Curley haired woman from yesterday steps in timidly and seems rather awestruck when she sees me.
"Madame Governor, your awake, how wonderful." Celeste natters gleefully "I hope you feel well rested."
I grip the arms of my chair in an attempt to release some of the pent up rage that in coursing through me.
"Mayor Franklin wanted you to see the emerald throne room." Celeste smiles "so if you would like to follow me." She holds out her hand, guiding me through the open door.
I push myself through, my sister following slowly behind.
Through corridors and unusual rooms, we finally make it to the throne room, I have to feign my excitement as I've already seen the room and all it's glory once before.
Glinda is once again sat on the throne in all her glimmering glory whilst Franklin stands at her side, doting tremendously.

"Nessarose!" Glinda cries, "hello." She smiles gleefully and I push myself slightly further into the middle of the room.
I notice the beautiful tiling on the floor, the whole floor is green, not surprisingly, with a darker green diamond shape in the middle, pointing towards the throne.
The whole room seems to stretch for yards but I'm sure it can't be that large as it took me mere seconds to venture into the venture of the diamond.
Though this rooms puts me off for some reason, the emerald city puts me off for some reason.
Everyone calling me Madame Governor puts me off for some reason.
I loop above my head and a chandelier adorns the ceiling.
The frame appears to be solid gold and practically dripping with a waterfall of emeralds, it looks priceless and absolutely stunning.
I realise so many things that I overlooked when I first came in here as I believed that I had already seen them but from what I can tell, I'm almost certain that the room has had a fair few changes made to it since my last visit.