1

" when i met you in the summer.. "

June 27th, 2018

June 27th, 2018

When Jisung first walked out his front door, it felt as if he was stepping into an oven.

The air was stale, the windless heat sticking to his skin as the blaring sun basked him in it's scorching rays. The cool sensation of air conditioner against his skin had clearly passed, a bead of sweat already rolling down the back of his neck from underneath his navy baseball cap.

His battered air forces clacked against the boiling pavement of his driveway as he skipped off the beige steps of his porch, and the sky shone a magnificent shade of baby blue, reflecting against the windshield of his mothers car.

Jisung could feel the heat wafting out of the convertible as he pulled open the door, pressing his keys to the ignition as he watched blankly as the engine roared to a start. He was hesitant on climbing in, knowing how bad the leather of the black seats stung against his bare legs after sitting in the sun for hours.

Sooner or later, it had to be done. Tossing his phone and wallet into the passengers seat he slid in, clicking on his seatbelt and rolling the windows down, jerking the stick into reverse.

"Jisung where are you going?" a voice yelled from above, causing the boy to slam on the breaks and put the car into park. With a scowl on his face, he poked his head out the window to see his older brother leaning out on the balcony of their mom's room, messy dark hair and red pajama pants glowing in the morning sun.

"What's it to you?"

The older boy grinned, resting his forearms against the steel railing. "why didn't you tell me?"

He had multiple reasons, one of them being that he didn't want his brother to tag along. Even if he refused to let him come, he knew that he'd be yelled at by his mother when she found out he'd been on the roads without a licensed supervisor, even if it had just been a 10 minute drive to the shops and back.

But he wasn't about to tell him all of that. The last thing he wanted was to give Jiho another reason to tease him.

Rolling his eyes, Jisung sat back down into the seat of the car, taking his cap off to run his hand through his already sweaty, messy brown hair.

"I'll take that as an answer." the boy disappeared off of the balcony, giving the door a hard slam before reappearing 5 minutes later at the passenger-side door, sliding right into the seat. "So where are we going?"

The ride to the store was a short and breezy one, Jisung removing his cap to let the wind tangle through his shiny hair, both hands semi-nervously gripping the steering wheel. They were soon pulling into the parking lot of the town's joint supermarket and cafe, widely known as "the shed". The town's prime hangout spot.

How it got that name? No one knew. Though Jisung remembered Mark telling Chenle that someone had called it that once and it had just stuck.

The actual name was 'the Neo County Cafe and Supermart', or NCS for short—the abbreviation advertised on the front of the green and black tees worn by the employees he passed as he walked in.