Doce

The next morning I woke up to a phone call from Jamal. Knowing Jamal it's something silly but I answered anyways. Cause he's my bestfriend.

"Hello?" I said grogily into the phone.

"NAI!" He screamed into the phone making me jolt up in my bed. "Nai?" he said after the silence became scary from my line.

"Jamal why are you yelling! It's too early for this." I sighed loudly. "You better be sick or dying!"

"I got a lead on the Rollerworld money. I need you to come with me before school" he said excitedly.

"Jamal i'm not allowed out" he sighed.

"Just sneak out ok? You can come to school too." he pleaded.

"Fine, where do you wanna meet and what time?" I asked with a sigh.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Meet me at the hospital in 20 ok?"

"Ok bye Jamal" I said before hanging up.

I got up quietly cause you know Oscar got strong ears. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Getting dressed in shorts and a T-shirt that had Selena on it. Paired with my Air force 1's. I was almost ready when I got a text from Cesar.

Salad boy 🥬

Hey Nai?

Nailea?

You going to school today?

Yeah i'm going, im meeting Jamal first tho.

I'll meet you before first period.
make sure to be quiet when you leave.

Alright, Love you

Love you too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got out of the elevator after Jamal texted the room they were in. I hope he's ok. Walking into the room I see Jamal yelling at some man.

"Alright, asshole, spill it. Tell me what this key opens."

"Jamal?" I called creeping into the room. "Why are you yelling ay him he's not even awake?" I asked genuinlly concerned for both of them.

"He needs to tell me what this opens." He responded.

"You know Julio 's been talking to me from the grave, and it ain't pretty" He said causing me to giggle at his antics. He slapped the mans forehead. "Now wake up and get to talking bitch!"

"JAMAL!" I yelled. "No NO, let's go, cause why are you hitting this man. Just come back after school and talk to him when he's awake" I said dragging him away from the sleeping man.

At school

"Hey Nai" Cesar said as he approached me in the hall. "I think we're gonna be fine.Oscar won't even notice"

I nodded my head in agreement as we both walked to first period. Oscar has stuff to do, so we can make it today. Plus we have a test we can't miss. The day went on and me and Cesar finally saw the rest of the crew.

"You guy's shouldn't be here" Monse and Ruby said to each of us.

"We had a math test, and he shouldn't be here. I'm all good."