Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair

Start from the beginning

Personality
Other people describe Ryoka as cold and distrustful when they first meet her. That description seems to fit her perfectly. However, she's nothing like that around those important to her, like her twin Peko or Fuyuhiko. Whenever she's around one of them, she has no problems showing her true self, a simple, but paranoid girl. Her paranoia makes it difficult for her to trust others and find new friends.

Despite her friendly demeanor, she can be pretty foulmouthed and insulting when she's angry or disgusted. She often insults others, mostly seen during the class trials. However, she often tries to keep her emotions to herself due to being raised that way by the Kuzuryu clan. She thinks of herself as weak whenever she shows her emotion, mostly when she cries.

Due to her own self-image as a weakling, she often trains without any breaks and disregarding her health. Ryoka was often sent to the hospital because of that. But instead of learning from her mistakes, Ryoka simply continues to live her unhealthy lifestyle.

As revealed in her FTE, Ryoka is allergic to cats. But despite that, she still deeply cares for animals and trusts them more than humans. While she was tortured by her kidnappers, she was often cheered up by a small puppy that was locked up in the same cell as her. When her kidnappers killed that puppy, Ryoka was enraged and beat the ruffians to death. She hugged the dead puppy close to her chest and cried, calling the ruffians monsters for killing an innocent animal.

Due to the poisoned food she was forced to eat, Ryoka believes that her body is brimming with poison, making her immune to any kind of poison. She also believes that to be the reason why aphrodisiacs have no effect on her.

Ever since Fuyuhiko was almost killed in Peko's execution, Ryoka refuses to leave his side and stays as close to him as possible without breaching his privacy. It shows how deeply she cares about his safety but also how deeply her paranoia of losing him affects her.

Talent
Ultimate Fighter
From a young age, Ryoka is trained by the Kuzuryu clan. She is quite skilled with a blade. While the Kuzuryu clan only trained her in swordsmanship, Ryoka also practices other fighting styles like martial arts or boxing for self-defense. She knows how to wield her katana to knock attackers unconscious without any bloodshed. Even long ranged attacks with a bow prove to be no problem for her. However, she's almost never seen fighting with one. During her high school years, Ryoka often asked Juzo, the Ultimate Boxer, to train her and improve her boxing skills. Despite her teaching herself the basics of boxing, Juzo complimented her skills, which seem to come naturally to her.

History
Prior to the Tragedy
Ryoka was born into the Kuzuryu family as Fuyuhiko's twin sister. From an early age, Ryoka had trouble trusting other people. She grew up with a dog,  a golden retriever she named Chi. Said dog was only a year younger than Ryoka and she thought of her dog as her best friend. From early childhood, Ryoka was trained in swordsmanship alongside Peko. She also practiced other fighting styles by herself.

When Ryoka turned ten, Zen Kiryu, the heir of the Kiryu Clam, was assigned to be her personal hitman. While they were told to keep their relationship professional, the two grew quite close and became friends quickly.

At some point during her early teenage years, Ryoka was kidnapped by some ruffians and tortured for information about the Kuzuryu clan. The torture included cutting her arms and legs and even tattooing her back. Ryoka endured all pain and refused to reveal any information. Her kidnappers also forced her to eat poisoned food. However, the poison never seemed to have any effect on her. It's highly likely that the food was never poisoned and the ruffians only tricked her.

During her kidnapping, Ryoka was comforted by a little puppy. Ryoka believed that the puppy was sent by Chi as a guardian angel to comfort her. Unfortunately, the ruffians killed it. Enraged by it, Ryoka beat the ruffians to death and cried, hugging the dead puppy until she was saved.