V. NO STRINGS ATTACHED

Start from the beginning

"Shocker." Natasha walked up to them. "You finally telling us about your mystery road-trip?"

Steve and Natasha had gathered around the two.

"Guess I am." Luna cursed herself for what she was about to do. She was gonna tell them what happened. Goddammit, she really wanted to tell them. "I went on a spirit quest, to find out more about me and what I am. And along the way, I found my brother, who I thought was dead by the way."

She told them most of what happened. Finding her past lives, training with them and then, about the journey back. About the spirits and about her brother. But because of a promise she made to T'Challa and the rest of the royal family of Wakanda, she left out that part. They wanted to stay secret to the world, their vibranium mountain and advanced technology too dangerous.

"Your brother," Natasha said when Luna finished. "He's still alive?"

Luna nodded. "He's in... a hospital. I've just been trying to find a way to make him better."

"And that's what you saw? In your vision? Your not-dead, dead brother?"

She nodded again and she thanked one of the many gods that she didn't believe in when the Quinjet bleeped, indicating that they had arrived back home and she didn't have to talk more about what had happened.

"Luna," Thor said as Luna and him made their way off the plane and towards Avenger's tower. "Are you coming to the celebration tonight? And the afterparty after, of course."

"Guess I kinda have to, right? Since y'all dragged me into this," she joked and smiled at Thor before walking inside.

Everybody was already gathered when Maria Hill came into the room, "Lab's all set up, boss," she said, directed at Tony.

"Oh, actually, he's the boss," Tony said and pointed at Steve, "I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler. See," he gestured to Luna's suit, "She looks awesome in my suit."

Luna rolled her eyes, "You're an actual child, Tony."

"What's wrong with that?"

Captain America quickly stepped in and got back to business as Maria, him and Luna walked further along, inside a hallway and towards the elevator, "What's the word on Strucker?" he asked agent Hill.

"NATO's got him," she replied

"And the enhanced?" Luna asked.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins, 19 years old."

Luna snapped her fingers in the air. "I knew they were related."

Maria Hill continued, "They were orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building." She handed a tablet with the files on the two enhanced to Cap and Luna watched along over his shoulder as they walked along.

"Huh, she looks less terrifying as a picture. He looks even more punchable. Cute," Luna commented.

The twins had undergone Hydra experiments, with side-effects that slightly altered their appearance. The boy, Pietro, had white hair and a rough stubble while his sister, Wanda, had high cheekbones and apparently, green eyes. Back at the Hydra base, Luna thought they might've been brown.

Steve looked at Luna, "You know they're dangerous, right? Not cute?"

Luna shrugged, "I have eyes."

She could vaguely see Maria rolling her eyes. "Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special." The elevator doors opened.

"Their abilities?" Steve asked.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis and mental manipulation," Maria said.

Luna frowned for a moment as the scientific terms processed in her brain.

Cap, however, looked thoroughly confused. "I didn't understand any of that."

Luna patted his shoulder as the three stepped into the elevator. "You would if you were smarter."

Maria chuckled and explained, "He's fast and she's weird."