Hidden in the Scars

*Riley*

The lights beamed into my eyes so brightly I couldn't even see the audience. I squinted, trying to look past the blaze of the burning stage lights. I heard people clearing their throats and coughing subtly. I froze, tongue tied in front of the mic stand.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I quickly sat up in my bed. Startled from my alarm waking me from my deep sleep. Letting out a big sigh, I pressed off on my alarm clock and looked at the time. 10:00 AM. Usually this time today I'd be in the studio, working on a new song or something. But those days are over now. Apparently I wasn't talented enough and didn't have a strong enough fan base. Probably cause I didn't have enough twitter followers or something. It's been a year exactly since the time I got my record deal at Universal. Every night it seems like I have night meres of forgetting lyrics or not being able to sing. Music was my dream and my everything. It's what kept me going. Now... music makes me wanna puke. It's disgusting that auto tuned trashed out pop singers like Ke$ha get hype when there is a lot more people in the world who deserve it more and need it more than people like her do. I mean, don't get me wrong, I used to love that Ke$ha and Bieber stuff.

Everyday since last Friday I wake up thinking 'Why Me?'. Why did they have to drop me from the label? I have a feeling this question is going to be lingering in the back of my mind for quite some time.

Because I was dropped there wasn't any reason for my family to stay in Los Angeles. So, today we're moving back home. Good ol' New York City.  Population 8,000,000. The big apple. The fashion capital of the United States. Home.

"Riley!"

My mom called from downstairs.

"Coming!"

I quickly ran to the bathroom and changed into my clothes I had put out from the night before.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=28507308

 I brushed through my hair three times and rushed through my door and down the stairs.

"Took you long enough!" My 8 year old brother, Jacob commented.

"I only took 2 minutes.."

I ignored his further babbling and scurried out the door towards the van. I sat in the middle row of black leather seats. Jake sat in the back. My mom got in the drivers seat and started to drive. I starred out the window. Looking back at my house as we turned the corner. Leaving behind my celebrity persona and the glitz and glam that came with the title. Singing was all I ever wanted to do. Even though I wasn't even half way through my life I felt as if that was my last chance to be something. My last chance to be SOMEONE.