Friday.

Her dazed mind brought her right back to the night—Again. It seemed to be permanent.

"Is Malfoy here yet?" she cautiously asked, not looking up from her desk.

"Nope, he was supposed to be here early for a meeting but no one's seen him," Lucas offhandedly said.

"Oh."

He missed a meeting? That wasn't like him.

Averie had a horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach. What if she was the reason?

What if he wanted to avoid her? Could he have regretted their whole weekend together?

As if she had manifested him into the building, Draco suddenly appeared through the elevator doors walking in as suavely as ever. He was dressed in his usual getup with black jeans and a black turtleneck sweater. She wondered if it was to hide her marks left on his pale neck.

She waited for him to look up at her but that moment never came. Draco simply walked straight into his office, without acknowledging anyone in the office, without saying a word, and slammed the door.

Averie was then sure there was a problem.

Her heart rate sped up tenfold, hands jittering on her bouncing leg. What did she do now?

Was he just fooling her? Playing with her? Or maybe she was overthinking yet again—god please let that be it.

She let the fabric of her designs distract her from the wandering countless thoughts and possibilities. For now she was at work, she couldn't get distracted yet again by him, or what possibly happened now.

But what happened?

A few hours later Averie decided to take her lunch break.

She knew she needed some downtime when her hands were getting numbly sore from all the sewing. She didn't mind the burn—she never did—but she was only finished with two pieces so far, and as it was still early in the day she knew she needed to preserve the nerves in her hands.

She was loitering in the office kitchen, away from everyone else and just watching the city of London live from above. Cars sped through, citizens walked left and right to hurry to whatever destination they had to be. Averie thought it to be so strangely wonderous how everyone had their own lives, thoughts, feelings, problems.

Everyone had their fair share. That made her feel slightly better about her own.

She was lost in thought—which was nothing new— when she felt a hand tickling her neck, pushing the stray hair away from her face. Naturally her body jolted of unexpected surprise, spinning around faster than she could process. To her utter confusion it was none other than Draco. Though it wasn't really a confusion.

"Draco," she gasped.

"Hello, Darling."

His large framed body stood close to hers as if it were on instinct. He gazed adoringly at her lips, almost instantly heating her blood up behind her face. Her voice barely projected.

"What are you doing here?"

Dracos lip curled up, "I work here."

That comment alone made her eyes roll, coupled with the fact that he had ignored her all this morning. There wasn't much attention he could give without them being in private but something would have satisfied her cravings. Was she being unreasonable?