O

Year 2006...

A year has passed, and the '01 duo were closer than ever. They were classmates, and they were super inseparable that they'd spend a lot of sleepovers at each other's houses. They were both in elementary school, and both of them excel in academics ranking 1st and 2nd spot.

"Ryeongchae~ Come on, let's play outside!"

"Jinjin, I have guitar lessons today..."

"Awwwweeeee... Then, can I go with you?!"

They were a perfect match. Ryujin was the only one who could let Chaeryeong out of her comfort zone, while Chaeryeong was the only one who could control Ryujin's hyperactive self.

"You'd get bored during the guitar class, Jinjin..."

"I won't, I promise!"

"Fine, but please behave..."

"Of course! Thankieeee~ I'd tell Mama now!"

"Ryujin-ah, did you brought your pajamas?"

"I already did, Mama! I will go to the Lee house now, Ryeongchae is waiting!"

Ryujin went out of their house with her backpack slung on her shoulder, running towards her neighbor's house. Both of their families are already used to this, and they were completely fine with it. Ryujin knew Chaeryeong's house so well and vice versa, proving that they were really always together.

"Ah, Ryujin! Come on in, Chaerrie is at her room waiting for you..."

"Thank you, Auntie Lee! Have a good night!"

Ryujin smiled and dashed inside, running through the familiar stairs like the hero named 'Flash'. She didn't bothered to knock on the door, knowing that her bestfriend was expecting her and was already used to her antics.

"Chaerrie~"

"Oh, Jinjin... Come on, mom already prepared a movie for us!"

"Really?! Then, let's watch now!"

Ryujin placed her bag on the floor before flopping herself on the bed, beside Chaeryeong who was preparing the laptop.

Halfway through the movie, Ryujin was being the noisy kid that she is again.

"Ryeong, who was that girl with Chaeyeon unnie yesterday?"

"Oh, that's Eunbi unnie... They're bestfriends."

"Ah, just like us?"

"Hmmm..."

"Hey ryeongchae, can I borrow your guitar?

"But, we're watching a movie jinjin?"

"Ey, we already saw that movie on my room before~"

"I know, but won't we finish it still?"

"We can, but I really like to borrow your guitar! The guitar on our house is for adults, it's too big!"

"Okay, fine... But I will finish this movie."

"Okkiieee~ Thanks, ryeong!"

Ryujin stood up and went to get the limited edition child's guitar that her friend owned, and sat on chair of her study table. She strummed the very familiar chords that she was trying to perfect, looking so focused with what she was doing.

"We were both young when I first saw you.

I closed my eyes, And the flashback starts

I'm standing there, On a balcony in— wait, what was that English word again?"

Chaeryeong laughed as she watched Ryujin's face fall into confusion as she forgot the next lyrics, already deciding to abandon the movie.

"Summer air, jinjin..."

"Ooh, right! Thanks!"

Ryujin cleared her throat before she proceeded singing, practicing the song that she had been learning for a month. Chaeryeong was in awe at her friend's natural talent, as she continued to watch her perform on her mini concert.

"On a balcony in summer air
See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns
See you make your way through the crowd
And say, "Hello"
Little did I know..."

Chaeryeong decided to sing along. Both of the kids had wide and warm smiles displayed on their pretty faces, with their eyes conveying same amount of care and adoration.

"That you were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"
And I was cryin' on the staircase
Beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said"

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"..."

Ryujin ended the song with a few more chords, before she sent a wide smile to Chaeryeong, feeling proud and happy after what she did.

"You learn so fast, Jinjin..."

"Fast? It took me a month, ryeong!"

"Hey, at least you're learning well!"

"Well, its because I learned from you!"

Ryujin had already sat beside her as soon as she returned the guitar, and had her goofy smile on.

"Ryeong, do you understand that song?"

"Of course, I already read the story of Romeo and Juliet..."

"Chaeryeong-ah, if either one of us has to leave... Let's promise to stay bestfriends, okay?"

"Okay, we're forever bestfriends!"

Little did they know, the promise that they made would face a big problem.