"Welcome to your fourth game," said PA woman, "This game will be played in teams of two. Find someone you wish to play the game with. With mutual consent, shake hands, and you will become partners. Please form teams of two within ten minutes"

The clock started to counting down. Everyone looked at each other, unsure. Hayoon felt Saebyeok's gaze on her.

She sat down on the floor, leaning on her knees. Teams of two. That's suspicious.

If they want them to team up, that make people think that they are gonna play with each other on one side. They are expected to play as one team of two versus second team of two? What if they are expected to play against each other? Then, they would get rid of half of the people. But one person is already dead, so the number of players is odd.

While Hayoon was ruminating, 212 was begging men to team up with her. Well, no one wanted to.

"I know you all want to team up with me you're just hesitating. Why? Can't decide? Should I decide for you all?"

"Stop embarrassing yourself," the person that said that was Saebyeok "That won't get anyone to play with you. Just be honest. You don't want to team op with a woman or an old man"

Hayoon smiled, looking at her.

"Of course not, our lives are the at stake," said player number 196, "We almost died playing Tug of War"

"Yeah, but we didn't thanks to this old man," Hayoon pointed at 001. After a second she reminded that Sangwoo also helped, so she pointed at him "Well, and 218"

"He's right," the praying man spoke up, "There's a reason why God created Eve from Adam's rib. God has given men and women different roles and uses,"

"Jesus Christ..."

"You idiots," said 240, "This isn't Garden of Eden"

She stood up.

"Where are you going?" asked Gihun

"To find teammate. What? You want to be with me?"

He didn't answer, because it was obvious. 240 walked away with hands in her pockets. Others started to team up with each other.

   Six minutes left. Hayoon hid her face in the hands for one second. Should she team up with someone she trusts, some man or someone totally random? Her choice can either make her win or loose. It's 50/50.
   She took the hands from her eyes. Saebyeok had a hand held out in front of her.

"Want to team up?"

Hayoon looked at her hand and then at her. She calculated things in her head, biting her lip.

"No"

Saebyeok took away hand slowly, feeling embarrassed.

"Wait, listen," said Hayoon, "I don't think it's a good idea to team up in this game. I have this feeling. I know it's not very convincing, but you need to..."

"Okay," brunette cut her off

"Okay," Hayoon felt relief that it came so easy. On the other hand, why would Sae would have want to be with her in team so much. There's no reason for it, so sure, she's not going to argue about that, "Good luck"

Blue haired turned around to walk away, when Saebyeok called her name. Hayoon twisted her head to look at the girl.

"Try to survive, alright?" said 067

Wang smiled softly after she said that, "I'll try my best. Will you?"

"I'll try"

Saebyeok nodded her head. They looked at each other without the words said, when it was five minutes left. Hayoon was the first one to turn her head, either she wanted that or no.

She needed to find someone who would be interested in playing with the girl. She was young, so technically, she had more strength. But many people were already paired. She started to panicking. What if she's gonna be the left out player? They're gonna kill her? Who knows, she's not going to risk to find out.

Hayoon noticed some woman standing alone. She would describe her as middle aged, with her hair cut to the arms. The girl looked around for the last time. There wasn't any better people to pick.

She walked to the woman, stressing very much.

"I'm sorry," she tapped her on the arm, "Are you looking for someone to pair with?"

The woman smiled softly, and it reminded Hayoon of the smile that her mother always gave her. She looked at the number on her T-shirt. It was 312.

"Are you interested in playing with someone like me? I'm not gonna be very much useful"

Hayoon rethink that again. Either she needed someone strong or someone lame. No strong person would pair with her.

"Yes," she nodded her head, "I think we can make a good team"

Hayoon pulled her hand towards the woman. She tried to smile to seem nicer.

The girl looked at the clock. Two minutes left. Why was the woman thinking about that for so long.

But finally, she shook her hand.

"Thank you," said 312 "I'll do my best for us to win,"

Hayoon smiled unsure.

"Time for team selection has ended. All players proceed to the game hall," said PA woman

The one person who didn't get a pair, was 212.

"You're all making a big mistake!" she yelled, "You think you can win without me? I'm Han Minyeo! I totally owned everyone from Dongducheon to Gangnam!"

Hayoon smirked a little, amused. 312 next to her seemed very worry, "Poor woman"

"Yeah"

212 to some man that already was paired with someone, and started to shook him by his arms.

"What if you have to play Gonggi or Elastics? I'm an expert in those," she said, holding the man tightly, "Babe, please play with me. Boys aren't very good at those. Babe!"

The man free from her grip, and walked away angry. The next person that 212 picked as target was, surprisingly, a woman.

"Hey, be with me. Tell everyone with a dick to fuck off," Hayoon actually laughed, "We should stick together! I'm good with women too, really good!"

She started to struggling with the other woman, but her teammate helped her to get rid of Han Minyeo.

Then she attacked 101, but Hayoon already left the room.

With others players, they were led to some kind of village. In looked like the neighborhood in which Hayoon's live. Many soldiers waited for them. As they stood up waiting for the game to start, they still could hear 212's screaming from the other room.

"All players, follow the instructions from staff and go to your positions," announced PA woman

Every soldier came to one pair, and said them to follow. Hayoon was watching Saebyeok, who was paired with 240, before walking in other direction and loosing her from eyesight.

They were walking through the alleys, when the soldier stopped. They weren't in any particular place, so Hayoon was confused. A few steps away was another pair.

"Please take one pouch each," the soldier handed them two pouches. Both women took it from him, "There are ten marbles in each pouch. Please check how many there are"

Hayoon scattered marbles on her hand to count them. As the woman said, it was ten of them.

Marbles. That's a good thing. They didn't need strength, so they shouldn't have a problem with that. PA woman started to explaining rules of the game:

"In this game, use your ten marbles to complete with the partner next to you. The player who takes all ten marbles from their partner wins"

Hayoon's face dropped when she realized. One of them is going to die.