•Chapter one•

Start from the beginning

Dean glanced over at his brother before looking up ahead and seeing a bunch of cop cars in front of a bridge.

"Check it out." He said.

Sam looked up ahead and saw the same thing Dean did. Dean parked the impala further away from the bridge, then got into the glovebox, pulling out a small box full of fake badges for all different kinds of jobs.

Sam looked at him like he was crazy, but Dean only smirked.

He turned in his seat to august who had her pacifier in her mouth, looking up towards the window.

"Alright, Auggie, me and uncle Sammy will be back very shortly, okay?" Dean told her as if she would answer him.

He grabbed her mint green blanket from the seat beside the baby's car seat, and he gently laid it over her. August let out a heartwarming laugh that even Sam smiled at.

Dean chuckled before turning back into his seat.

"Alright, let's go." He said to Sam before opening his door and climbing out.

Sam sighed and hesitantly followed after him.

Sam and Dean walked up towards the bridge where some officers were talking.

"You fellas had another one like this last month, didn't you?" Dean spoke up to them.

"And who are you?" One of the officers asked.

"Federal marshals." Dean answered, holding up his fake badge, Sam doing the same.

"You two are a little young for marshals, aren't you?" The officer questioned.

"Thanks, that's awfully kind of you." Dean chuckled with a smirk. "You did have another one like this, correct?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's right, about a mile up the road. There have been others before that." The officer stated.

"So this victim— you knew him?" Sam asked.

"A town like this, everybody knows everybody." The officer stated.

"Any connection between the victims besides that they're all men?" Dean asked as he circled around the car parked on the bridge.

"No. Not so far as we can tell."

"So whats the theory?" Sam asked the officer.

"Honestly, we don't know— serial murderer, kidnapping ring." The officer said.

"Well, that is exactly the kind of crack police work I'd expect out of you guys." Dean said just before Sam stomped on his foot making him grunt.

"Thank you for your time." Sam said just before they walked off.

As the two brothers were walking, dean smacked the back of Sams head.

"Ow! What was that for?" Sam questioned him.

"Why do you have to step on my foot?" Dean questioned.