Chapter 60: Planets upon Planets

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Let's go get this son of a bitch." Steve said. Everyone looked at him, you slowly but surely gasped.

"Language Steven!" Your shocked expression, which you faked, soon turned to a smile. He shook his head at you.

"Never letting that go." You say as you nudge his arm. "Yeah- yeah I gathered that." He responded with a sigh.

Rocket led everyone to a space ship, one that Tony had gotten off of just hours prior.

As you all headed to the ship, Wanda grabs ahold of your arm. You turn to look at her. Her eyes saddened.

"I don't think it's a good idea that I go." She whispered. You bite your tongue and nod your head understanding her viewpoint.

"Keep an eye on Tony?" You ask her, she smiles and then nods. You couldn't help but feel her sadness.

"Promise you'll be okay?" You ask her, she slowly nods and without a second more, she hugs you. Her warm embrace was comforting.

"Update me." She whispers through your hair. You pull away and your brows furrow.

"Always." You reassured. She smiles and waves you off. As you turn to head back to the ship, loud footsteps approached. Dragging on the green fluffy grass below.

You turn and your eyes meet Thors. Without wanting to ask too many questions you link your arm with his as he walks over, slowly guiding each other to the ship.

You all got settled in, except Carol. Rocket stood at the controls and began take off.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked from the Captains seat. Steve, Natasha, and Rhodey rose their hands.

"Why?" You asked now turning back to the raccoon.

"You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket exclaimed.

"Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" Nebula said to Rocket, and to warn everyone else.

The ship jumps forward into a wormhole, and Steve holds onto his seat for dear life. Your stomach twists and you gripped the sides of your arm rests. The ship slows down, and the ship hovers in orbit of the planet seen in the hologram previously. Carol hovers in front of the ships window.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind." She pauses and looks to you in the seat jsut behind Rocket.

"It's just him." Carol said. You slowly looked to the ground.

"This is gonna work y/n..." Natasha whispered as she noticed your lack of engagement.

"What if it doesn't..." you asked.

"What if it does?" Rocket asked from the front. You looked up and smiled softly at him. Rocket exchanged a smile and then turned back to the controls.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch."

As the ship landed on the planet, Thor helps you out of the ship and stands back with you.

"Keep your cool Thor. We can't lose it in there." You said as he walked along side of you.

"I'll go for the head." He bitterly whispers. You looked to him in disbelief.

"Dont. If you screw this up, we could never get another chance at this." You said, scolding him. He slowly nodded.

You and Thor made your way to the house. Carol flies through the roof, knocking Thanos down, and grabbing his neck. Bruce in the Hulkbuster armor bursts from the ground, and grabs Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm.

As you approach, your team strikes an attack, and you see him. Thanos's whole left side is burnt black with blisters; He looks ridiculously pathetic compared to when you saw him last.

Thor flies in and slices off the Infinity Gauntlet. Rhodey flies down with Rocket and aims guns on Thanos' head.

Rocket goes over to the sliced off Infinity Gauntlet, and kicks it over, as everyone realizes that there are no stones in it.

"Oh no." Rocket whispered. You walked over to him and inspected the gauntlet.

"Where are they?" You said turning back to him.

"Answer the question!" Carol yelled.

"The universe required correction. After that- the stones served no purpose beyond temptation." Thanos said menacingly.

"You killed trillions." You said coldly.

"You should be grateful." Thanos fired back. You walked over and stood over him. You glared down at Thanos.

"Where are the Stones." You snarled.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." He responded. With no care in the world.

"You used them two days ago! How are they gone!" You yelled as you grabbed his gauntlet from the floor.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be." You stood back, now in disbelief.

Your eyes glared down at him and Thor gripped your sleeve asking you to step away before you'd do something irrational.

"I am... inevitable." Thanos said while straightening himself up.

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he has to be lying." Rhodey said while tossing a basket off of the table.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." Nebula said now stepping away from the crowd.

"Ah, thank you, daughter." Thanos exclaimed quietly. Nebula looks down, a little uncomfortable.

"Perhaps I treated you too harshly." He finished. He looked over at Nebula and then to you.

"There's another stone. In which I couldn't properly destroy." Thanos starts. You look up and meet his gaze.

"Where?" You quickly question, leaving no room for others to speak.

"On a different planet." Thanos vaguely states. You look to Carol who had him in a head lock. As she tensed, her arm glowed, choking him. He struggled before choking out names.

"V-" his cry cut him off. You looked to Carol who loosened her grip, he paused, catching his breath.

"Vormir." He whispered, out of breath.

Thor's face filled with rage as he raises to summon his axe. You rushed to grab his sleeve but he gets out of your grasp too quickly.

"Thor, no! No-"

You throw a shield up, preventing Thors axe from slicing Thanos in half. Thor drops his axe. Having no need for it anymore.

As you drop the shield, Thor walks away. Thor slowly walks out of the shed, no real purpose in his steps.

"Magic isn't supposed to work here...that's why he chose it...he wouldn't be able to be outnumbered." Nebula said. She watched you curiously.

"So you do pay attention." Thanos says to Nebula. Carols grip tightened once more.

"Why Vormir?" You ask him. He lightly laughs.

"Because you'll never make it back alive." He laughs.

"I promise you a war. And your blood will be shed." You say bitterly. His laugh was cut off as you look to Carol. Her grip tightens, you turn and like the rest of the team, you all begin to walk out.

You hear Thanos struggle behind you. You look to the floor, picking up Thors axe, and as you all walk out, you hear the slight crack of Thanos' neck.

Everyone walks back to the ship.

Now there truly was no going back.

———

A/n: do I hate this chapter? A little, do I care to redo it? Not particularly 😂

I hope this puts a fun little twist on the story and not like, confusing,

I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to vote/comment! x