【25】Confession of a Maiden

Start from the beginning

"A fight broke. And it causes Hana to lose conciousness and heavy injuries for Ayumi. And because i had the least injuries, we made a tactic to retrieve Hana to the Shrine, while i make a run for it somewhere else and run here."

Y/N brought the story in a very professional demeanor, yet is showing some hints of trauma just to convince the introgators that this was true.

The body languenge and the cronological story was convincing. It was more than enough to make those three late-aged shrine workers to believe in it.

"My... What a tragedy..."

It was rather unbelievable that a Priestess could bring up such a false confession.

Walking out of the room to the halls, Ayumi stared at Y/N's back. A back of a feminine figure that seemed so fragile yet so strong at the same time.

The way Y/N walks...

The way Y/N talks...

The way Y/N acts...

Since when did the shy, distant, innocent and weak Y/N became this strong, charismatic being full of tricks and lies?

Ayumi never realized it... Since the beginning of their training years, Y/N and Ayumi were never really in the same stage.

Ayumi always been up front from them 5, while Y/N was all the way in the back, following her tracks with a hope she could grow stronger while doing so. Ayumi would always be the one who wad set to be the example, while Y/N has to bear the label of a failure.

Since back then, Ayumi always been the center of attention, up at the front when it comes to any type of skill. And because of that,

... Nobody realized the time where Y/N stopped following them.

"Hey..." Ayumi muttered.

"Hn?" a respond from the H/C haired priestess.

"Why did you choose to follow Him?"

"Why should i answer that?" A cold question comes out of Y/N's lips.

Y/N had worked hard to become stronger, become someone that was way beyond the low expectation that was given to her.

" Ayumi-san, good work! "

" Could you explain how to do this? "

" I want to be strong just like you,
Ayumi-san. "

That lady had worked so hard with blood and sweat pouring out of her. She deserves the acknowledgement she have now.

And ofcourse, Y/N deserves to give cold shoulders to all those who never look at her back then.

"I just want to know... But if you dont want to tell me, that would be fine, i suppose..."

The black-haired young-adult hanged her head low. Ayumi wanted to know what was the reason that Y/N is risking her life with the King of Curses just for the sake of getting stronger. She cant help but somehow felt... Worried for her.

"Fine."

That word coming out of Y/N's lips made Ayumi looks up immidietly.

"Beside, you wont tell anyone. You're too deeply scarred to do so. However, if only you return the favor..."

"That'll be fine. I would answer your question if i can." Ayumi responded.

Y/N then turned her back, facing Ayumi, staring right into her lazuli orbs.

"So.. You asked me, why i joined him?" Y/N asked and Ayumi responded with a nod.

The two exchange stares. Ayumi's eyes gleams of curiousity and worry, while Y/N's was filled with dissapointment and... Boredom.

"Ayumi... I'm not just like Hana, Chika, or Haruhi." Somehow, it felt like Y/N were looking down upon Ayumi, "I cant get stronger here, following you and the trainings from this Shrine."

The older priestess seemed a little shocked from the answer. Ayumi felt a little dissapointed from the fact that, the answer was just as simple as that.

"Y/N, you do know who is he that you're involved with, right?" asked Ayumi with a higher tone.

"I didnt..."

Two words that Y/N muttered out made Ayumi shocked and rather confused.

"He was so different from the paintings shown to us... I didn't figure that he was the Ryomen Sukuna."

Y/N's eyes break the contact from Ayumi's eyes and look down, remembering the memories of that night.

"I didn't figure it out for months,"

Flashes of memories from what happened at the Heian Capital got into her head. The memories that Y/N didn't knew was tweaked for the King of Curse's order.

"..until what happened at the Governor's mansion..."

Ayumi recalls that event and remembered that, Sukuna did recognized Y/N the moment she showed up in his presence. Y/N and Ayumi remembered the same event at the same place and time but, their memory was different.

"Then... Why did you continue on following him? It's been so long since that incident." Ayumi said with a much more serious attitude.

"I cant... For two reasons."

"And that is?"

Y/N took a deep breath before replying with,

"It was too late, ofcourse... I've been with him for awhile and have known Lady Amemiya later on. I just... Couldnt dare to leave them."

"And the other reason was?"

"I want to be stronger." Y/N put it blankly.

The second answer Y/N gave made Ayumi raised her eyebrow.

"In this shrine, i cant get stronger. So i figure..."

Y/N's continuation of her sentences made Ayumi's feeling gets rather unexplainable.

"..if the God in this Shrine wont give me the ability to protect their followers, i'll find another God that will grant it to me."

She didn't fit into the stream in here, thats why she's looking for her own way. Y/N's situation is simple as that to explain.

"And you.."

Y/N seriously stares at Ayumi,

"Why did you try to save Hana yesterday when you're is in the edge of death yourself?"

Yesterday, even in a bad injury, Ayumi still ran into Amemiya's lair for Hana, and even acted out of logic and attacked Lady Amemiya who was obviously in the winning position no mattet what.

In Y/N's eyes, that was very out of Ayumi's character.

"So, what is it?" Y/N asked once again.

"I love her."

.

.

.

.

.

To Be Continued

Information Available

During this time, Sukuna Ryomen was already popular and known as the Deity of Destruction that protects a certain area in the Sunrise Land.

The reason why Y/N didn't recognized him immidietly was because,

The Sukuna Ryomen she met and the Sukuna Ryomen paintings in the ancient scrolls were very different.

You can google it, and trust me the traditional ilustration and him in the franchise are way different.