Chapter 2

By the time it was dark, corpses started to come out, some mindless and some rushing straight towards the coffin house. Xingchen saw it because of the actual logic of the human body which the eye will catch anything moving even if it is on the corner of the eye.

He clashed the doors closed and blocked them with coffins that were empty and nearby. He crawled into a corner and covered his mouth, only soft breathing was barely heard.

It went on like this for half of the night.

Xue Yang was standing in the corner while staring at the white man who was trembling from the cold. He took a glance at the door which was filled with loud bangs and took another glance at the sword which was glowing from the small holes in the ceiling.

Xue Yang didn't hesitate, he grabbed the sword and dashed through the door and started slashing and swinging the sword, killing the corpses who were breaking through the coffin house.  

Xingchen squinted his eyes to see what was happening but only saw a shadow who was holding ShuangHua, eliminating every corpse which was near the coffin house.

Xingchen slowly removed his hands from his mouth and wrapped them around his legs. 

Xue Yang came back into the house just to see Xingchen holding a pan in his hands. 

"Step back, or I will pan you."

Xiao Xingchen couldn't see properly since the bright moonlight from outside came into the dark house. He adjusted to the light sensitivity and saw Xue Yang placing his sword down on the table and raising his hands.

"Xue... Yang?"

He slowly dropped his pan down and walked near him. Xue Yang didn't move, he just stood there, staring at Xingchen.

"Hm?"

Xingchen placed his hand on Xue Yang's head and patted him on the head. Xue Yang closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment. Once finished, he turned around to shut the doors to avoid any corpses from walking in.

"How long have you been waiting?"

"Uhm... 1... 2... 3... 12 years."

Xingchen was shocked by the reply, he quickly turned his attention to the multiple blood-bursting scars by his arms.

"W-what happened?"

". . . Scars."

Xingchen nodded, he wanted to ask something else but the sun was rising and Xue Yang rushed out to go somewhere. Even though Xingchen was curious, he took this time to check the house throughout the year.

He checked the kitchen, nothing, he checked the bedroom, nothing. It was like everything stayed the same, even after he was revived, everything other than his spiritual energy of course. 

Not even an hour later, Xue Yang came back with a basket of apples and carrots and gave them all to Xingchen.

"Ah- How much did it cost you?"

He shook his head.

"3 silver."

Xue Yang took ShuangHua and took a clean cloth and started cleaning the bloodstains off it. The cleaning technique was smooth and even gave a shine.

He placed the sword aside and grabbed out a journal and a pen, he started writing something that Xingchen can't see from his view, he curiously walked over while biting the apple in his hand. 

"Can I read it?"

"Mn."

He placed the pen down and Xingchen started flipping page by page.

Day 1

It was a tough day, a lady gave me this book and a pen and paper, she told me to write whatever I want so I made a journal out of this, I wish to be a powerful cultivator when I grow up.

Xingchen was surprised by the first page, he didn't care much and kept on reading.

Day 30

It's been a full month, I was tricked by a person that said he'll give me candy if I pass a letter to another person, the person beat me up and now my nose is bleeding, but I still wish to be a powerful cultivator when I grow up, then I can buy all the candy I want!

Xingchen felt so proud that this child never gave up on his dream.

Day 36

My pinky was rolled over and had to be cut off, I was really sad when I realized that my pinky wouldn't grow back. The candy shop owner gave me a piece of candy, he said it was out of pity, I don't even know what does pity mean but I know it must mean something good. When I grow up, I will repay this person!

Day 63

It's my birthday, even though I didn't get a present like everyone else, I saved up enough money to buy myself a small muffin for myself, Niang and Die (Die as in father), I will miss you guys, when I grow stronger, I will find them!

Day 79

A person came up to me and dropped me 5 gold, I didn't know if it was on purpose or he accidentally dropped it, I went up to him and he said it was for me, I was very happy, this was like a late birthday present, and this meant a lot to me, when I grow up, I will repay this person as he did to me.

Day 206

It was the time I realized they did it because I didn't have parents or money, they did it because they felt bad, they felt pity towards me, they didn't care, all the things, all the good things I said I would do, I felt betrayed or some sort, I want them dead, I want them all dead, let's see who shows pity on me now.

Xingchen was shocked by this page that he wrote, he flipped to a random page.

Day 836

A kind man saw me laying in the streets and took me in, his name was Jin Guangyao in the Jin sect, I heard that it was the biggest sect in the whole cultivation world. They took me in as a disciple and I learnt a lot, including new words and demonic cultivation.

Day 842

Jin Guangyao usually would give me some corpses to learn to control and not gonna lie, it was fun, I even tried to give Jin Guangyao tongue-infused tea, the best prank in my life.

Day 889

Jin Guangyao took me on a trip to exterminate a whole clan, it was fun not gonna lie, the clan leader hated Jin Guangyao, so I cut off his tongue and threw him in a cage of fierce corpses, his brothers and sisters screamed in horror watching him die. Jin Guangyao asked me to burn down the brothel he grew up in even though he knows the consequences. 

Day 1002

I left the Jin clan and I kept the clothes for future use, I went to the Chang clan, the same clan that destroyed my pinky, I first killed everyone, not a single soul left, then I cut off every pinky I could find.

That was the last page he read, there were too many pages and it could take up hours reading his diary, it was already the evening. He closed the book and placed it on the table. He stood up, stretching his body. He grabbed another apple from the basket and took a bite out of it. 

"Would you like candy?"

Xingchen turned over to the sound which was Xue Yang holding a year's worth of candy.

"How much did it cost?"

"1 gold."

Xingchen sighed.

"What did you do this time?"

"Threatened the vendor to give me a 50% discount for a year worth of candy."

Xingchen sighed, he took a piece of candy from the basket and ate one.

"Do corpses eat?"

"No, this is for you."

----------

Hi yall, this is it for chapter 2, I am lazy and unmotivated and I'm sick so yeah. I am so sorry for not posting, this will be the last chapter because I'm discontinuing this.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 20, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

𝙒𝙝𝙮?    |      𝙁!𝘾!𝙓𝙔      |      𝙍!𝙓𝙓𝘾जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें