Chapter 3

There was screaming and cries all around you. What happened? Oh right, someone shot a gun. There was a pang in your side, huh, that kind of hurts. When you looked down you could see your white shirt turning red, that looks like blood. Is it mine? Looking at the eyes in front of you, you could see a panicked Rafe. He didn't look high anymore, they looked normal, like the ones you fell in love with. Turning your head, you could see John B rushing to you out of the water. Then you let your eyes fluttered closed.

John B and everyone around watched in horror. He was quick, catching you before you fell against the sand. "Malwina!" Slowly he went to his knees, with you in his arms, your back against his chest.

"What the hell, Rafe?!" John B yelled, looking up at Rafe.

As soon as that gunshot rang out, Rafe's high was over and he was back to reality. "I-I didn't mean too!" His hands go up to his head, gripping at his hair, "Is she alive?"

JJ pushed Rafe out of the way and dropped to your side, holding his hands against your stomach, "Someone call 911!"

Kie screamed. JJ was yelling about being stupid for bringing the gun in the first place. Pope was yelling about keeping pressure on the wound. John B was yelling at Malwina to stay with him. Hands were shaking him, "Rafe! We gotta go man, the police are on their way." Topper. He was in a haze, watching the scene in front of him. He doesn't remember doing it, but his feet carried himself through the sand and to his truck.

"Oh god, JJ there's a lot of blood." John B cried, rocking back and forth.

"I know dude, I'm trying!" He looked around, "I need more towels!"

John B looked around, "Where the hell is the paramedics?!" His hands were gently rubbing your cheek, "Please, please stay with me."

Kie and Pope quickly returned with the towels gathered from the beach.

Pope dropped to Malwina's side next to JJ and put more towels, but the blood just kept seeping through. "Kie, run up to the road and flag them down." Pope instructed. Kie nodded before running off.

John B cradled you in his arms, "I can't lose her...I can't."

That's when JJ and Pope knew, you were the mystery girl he was in love with.

❦ ❦

"Please, let me ride with her!" John B begged the paramedic, who shook her head, "I'm sorry son, you can't. Is there anything else we should know about her?"

John B nods, "S-she's pregnant. 2 months..." The paramedic nodded before hopping into the back with you.

JJ grabbed John B's shoulder, "Come on man, I'll drive you. We'll follow behind."

"She's coding!" Is the last thing he heard as the doors shut and the paramedics drove off.

❦ ❦

John B's knee bounced up and down as he sat in the hospital chair. His head was in his hands. It had been 4 hours since they arrived and there was no word. He'd called your mom, but she was out of town with your dad and wouldn't be home until tomorrow.

"She's going to be fine, John B." Kie comforted, "She's strong."

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" John B looked up when he heard JJ yelling. Walking through the waiting room doors was Rafe and Topper.

"Please, I just wanted to make sure she was okay." Rafe begs, "I don't want to start anything."

"You're the reason she's fighting for her life, asshole!" Pope yelled.