The Baneblade in gup universe.

Start from the beginning

In the gym, the Student Council presents the electives activities, highlighting Sensha-dō and showing a promotional video which emphasizes its feminine qualities, then offering attractive benefits (meal tickets, academic credit) for those who choose Sensha-dō as their elective. Hana and Saori begin to look interested, but Miho is still very apprehensive. The other members of the initial five teams, shown in the audience, are also seen exhibiting interest. After school, both Miho's new friends state they would like to take up Sensha-dō, much to her horror.

After a troublesome night (in which she vividly remembers a tank falling into a river), in the morning Miho asks for their forgiveness as she has chosen incense as an elective and doesn't want to take up Sensha-dō again. Much to her surprise, both Saori and Hana support her decision and, despite having themselves initially chosen Sensha-dō, now change their choice to incense as well, wishing to remain close to her and not wanting her to suffer.

At lunch, as everyone around the school is displaying interest in Sensha-dō, Miho is called to see the Student Council; seeing her alarm, her friends volunteer to go with her. As the Student Council pressures her to reconsider her choice, Hana and Saori stand up for her, accusing them of being tyrannical, especially after the President gives a cryptic warning about the new friends "not being there the next year if they keep this up."

Miho: I come from a family with a long history of riding tanks.

Saori: Oh?

Hana: Wow!

Miho: But I don't like tanks much myself. That's why I came to this school, to try and avoid Tankery.

Saori: You pick whatever you like and we'll go with you.

Miho: No way, you two wanted to do Tankery.

Saori: It's fine, we want to be with you more.

Anzu: So, we've decided to end our school's current hiatus on Tankery. If you choose it as your elective, we'll give you a bunch of cool benefits. Vice president?

Yuzu: Those who do well in the course will receive one hundred meal tickets, two hundred free passes for if you're late, and finally, three times the credit you'd receive in another class.

At lunch, as everyone around the school is displaying interest in Sensha-dō, Miho is called to see the Student Council; seeing her alarm, her friends volunteer to go with her. As the Student Council pressures her to reconsider her choice, Hana and Saori stand up for her, accusing them of being tyrannical, especially after the President gives a cryptic warning about the new friends "not being there the next year if they keep this up."

Realizing that her two friends are putting her well-being above their own inclinations and aspirations, Miho summons her courage and blurts out that she will take up Sensha-dō, much to the Student Council's satisfaction and Miho's friends shock.

Later, in an ice cream shop, Hana and Saori ask Miho if she is alright with her decision, but she assures them she'll be fine, expressing how much she appreciated how someone showed concern for what she feels. She then recounts how her mother and sister expected her to dedicate her life to Sensha-dō, regardless of what she wanted. However, she is clearly still troubled, so her friends decide to cheer her up with the help of their ice cream.

[Saori and Hana are defending Miho's choice not to do Tankery]

Miho: These two wanted to do Tankery. And not only did they give up that, now they're fighting the student council too. They're doing this all for me. If I can just... [recalls a traumatizing Tankery match] Alright, that's fine.