Chapter 66: Reunion

Start from the beginning

As she released you, you lock eyes with Clint and Bruce. "Boys." You smirk. They both walk over and take turns giving you a hug.

They smile and talk quietly, saying they've missed you. As they all begin to catch up.

You walk past the group and notice Steve at the kitchen island, just past all the others.

"No hug?" You ask with a laugh. He smiles and stands up.

"How are you?" He asks while he embraces you in a warm hug.

"I've seen better days Cap." You say releasing him from the hug. He smiles and nods.

"Me too." He laughs. You laugh with him.

"So where have you been?" You ask him, as you settle into the seat next to him.

"Brooklyn." He laughs. You furrow your brows. "Brooklyn?" You ask. A small smile appears. He nods with a smirk.

"I've been going to counseling." He sighs. Your smile faded as you grew notice of his tired, blue eyes.

"I'm so sorry Steve..." he shakes his head and smiles. "We've all lost someone y/l/n." You exchange him a smile.

Finally he saw, how you saw it.

"Drink?" He asks. You shake your head and raise a hand to let him know you didn't want any. As he pulls a bottle of alcohol from the bar, others began to gather.

Natasha, Wanda, Bruce, and you all refused to drink. As the others began to drink, the four of you all sat on the couches and talked.

Bruce and Hulk were one, he looked so different. He spoke of his transition to a balance and how he accomplished it.

Natasha spoke of visiting her old family home in Budapest. She told stories of her crazy little family. How out of the ordinary they all were.

And Wanda and I shared our finding and research on the stones, along with our, many, many drunken nights. Followed with karaoke. They all seemed to laugh at that.

Even Wanda laughed at the memory.

It slowly began to grow later. Natasha had already fallen asleep, her head rested on a pillow, laid in your lap.

Bruce had left to his old room to sleep in a proper bed. As did Steve and Rhodey.

Wanda laid on the opposite side of you, she laid in the one seater with her hand reached up, holding yours, as always.

Thor was still up, he sat just beside you, on the other side if you. Your legs laid on his, facing him.

They all seemed to be quite comfortable.

You and Thor stayed up talking about many things, Asgard, it's people, Frigga, Norway, and eventually everything lead to Loki.

"He'd laugh at you. You know that right?" You say as he chucked to himself.

"The braids make my hair less greasy!" He protested. Showing you the braided piece of hair. You laughed loudly. Not loud enough to wake the others.

His hair had been braided into a long strand of Lokis. The black, raven hair stood out within Thors golden blonde.

"You are always greasy." You fire back. He gasps, as if you had just made the worst insult of all.

"My hair is special!" He whispered loudly.

"Mm, I'm sure." You laugh quietly. He looks to you and you say this sadly.

"Do you want it?" He asked. You laugh, a litter louder than expected.

"No, it's been in your greasy hair." Thor rolled his eyes at you and his smile faded.

After a moment the laughing ends.

"I wish I had something like that. A piece of him." You say. You lay your hand on Natasha's head and stroked it as she began to slightly stir, only to fall back into her deep sleep.

"You are a piece of him y/n." Thor says quietly. You look up and meet his gaze.

That's the nicest thing anyone could have said to you. Especially given the circumstances.

"Thank you..." you whisper. He nods. Slowly but surely letting his eye close.

Falling asleep. As did you.

This reunion was the best idea you could have had. The last thing you could have imagined to make you smile the way you had.

Feeling happiness for the first time in a great while.

Finally.

———
A/n: so sorry for the late post, I will be posting two chapters today! Thank you for the love! Don't forget to vote/comment! x