𝐎𝐎𝟭. BAD REPRESENTATION ?!

𖤐𓂃 T𖦹𝗣𝗜𝗖͢  𝗢𝗡𝗘: 𝑩𝑨𝑫 𝑹𝑬𝑷 !

𖤐𓂃 T𖦹𝗣𝗜𝗖͢ 𝗢𝗡𝗘: 𝑩𝑨𝑫 𝑹𝑬𝑷 ! ... ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥᷄⌓˂̣̣̥᷅ )‧º·˚

𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 . . .
how to correctly represent mlm/nblm relationships, and gay men / masculine-presenting in general !

ㅤ☇❗️tws: hypersexualization, mlm/nblm harmful stereotypes

𖥻  𝖤̸໋XPLAN↓ATI◌N 💭
━━━━━ I've noticed in a lot of male readers the relationships are sexualized and only seen in a sexual manner, this doesn't only happen in story's but to real people, such as asking an actual mlm/nblm person "who's the top" as if that's the only thing you see in gay relationships, instead of realizing that these are real people with actual feelings and not gay for your own entertainment.

mlm/nblm ARE actual people and they have normal relationships and are not always hypersexual. One of the reasons people see us like that is because of bl & yaoi comics which is usually written by straight women who only see mlm/nblm relationships as sex, not to mention the "small uwu uke" and "cold rude seme" stereotypes ( which I will get more into when I talk specifically about stereotypes. ) that affect how people actually see us.

And even if you're not writing a relationship, just mlm/nblm in general, keep in mind that not all of us are extremely horny all the time, or super soft and shy. Of course, there are people like that but don't present every gay person that way.

〉〉 THINGS TO REMEMBER:
❐ㅤ don't make it super sexualized, mlm/nblm relationships aren't only horniness, remember that we have actual feelings & bonds, gay relationships are way more than just sex.

❐ㅤ when multiple mlm/nblm tells you that something is represented incorrectly or harmful, LISTEN TO THEM!! don't try to deny harmful things that affect us, or tell us how to feel.

O˖͢ NTO THE ACTUAL 𝚆𝚁𝙸𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶 TIPS

❐ㅤ Be diverse, gay ppl come in all sizes, and skin tones, don't always make it "slim porcelain doll pale skin"

❐ㅤ We also have different personalitys, that really have nothing to do with our sexuality. Be original and creative with it, don't be stereotypical or bland.

❐ㅤ The same goes for relationship dynamics, don't always make it the same "super shy and super flirty" dynamic, it gets plain and I've seen it a bunch already.

❐ㅤ don't get inspiration from bl comics full of smut and highkey abusive relationships and no actual romance, even if your going for the yandere subject or something there are so many better references.

❐ㅤ again, listen to mlm/nblm when they tell you something you wrote may be harmful.

❐ㅤ basically, when writing mlm PLEASE don't make it hypersexual and stereotypical, should be pretty easy.

𖥻 E NDING STATEMENT 𖥔 ͙ࣳ ⸰ֺ⭑ 🎬
ㅤ please remember that gay relationships aren't like the yaoi/bl you read, and don't project those stereotypes onto mlm/nblm. With that being said, if you see gay relationships as nothing more than sex and idiotic stereotypes then don't write bl story's at all, seriously.

☇ I really hope this helped, if there is anything I can add let me know, free to ask questions & for more info ! also, tell me if there's something I missed :D

⇢ 𝙌𝙐𝙀𝙎𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝘿𝙍𝙊𝙋𝙊𝙁𝙁