I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep, but too many thoughts raced through my head. I just wanted to be angry at him, to be able to text him back, calling him all the names I could possibly think of. To tell him I wished I'd never gone on any stupid fucking hike with him or sat in his garage for hours. I wished I could take back everything I said about him. But I couldn't. Because I would be lying.

More tears began to fall down my cheek silently. I eventually fell asleep, too tired to keep wallowing in my thoughts.

When I woke up, the sun was streaming through the blinds. I blinked my eyes open a few times before realizing how bright it was outside and frantically looking for my phone.

When I opened it, it read eight twenty-three. Class started in seven minutes.

"Violet, get up," I said, shaking her before jumping out of bed and rushing around my room.

"What, why." She said groggily before she checked her phone and immediately jumped up,

"Oh shit shit." She said, grabbing for her stuff, "did our alarms not go off?"

"I forgot to set mine last night," I replied.

"Damn it. We're going to be so late."

I ran around my room, a toothbrush hanging out of my mouth, looking for any clothes lying around. I just settled on a sweatshirt and some sweatpants that I'm pretty sure I haven't washed in a few weeks.

I finished brushing my teeth and dragged a brush through my hair as fast as I could as I heard Violet in my room, looking for all her stuff that was scattered around.

At eight thirty-two, we both grabbed our bags and ran out to the driveway. We jumped in our cars and sped to school.

When we got to the parking lot, we had to hunt for any spots leftover. The only ones we could find were at the back of the lot, so we had to haul ass to the building, trying to get to class as fast as possible.

"Mr. Sibbs is going to kill me if I'm late again." Violet groaned as we made it up to the overhang in front of the building.

"Well, we're already ten minutes late."

She shut her eyes and rolled her head back in annoyance.

We made it inside and went down our separate halls to our first periods. In the rush of the morning, I had completely forgotten a pretty big issue I had, but I got slapped back into reality the minute I walked into the classroom.

Josh and I made direct eye contact when I opened the door.

How did I just completely forget the fact we have a class together?

I felt my face's color completely drain as I looked down to my feet and made my way to my desk, feeling Josh's stare burn into my back as I sat at my desk.

"Do you have an excuse for being late to my class?" The teacher said after I had sat down.

"Uh, I just had a late morning," I replied, trying to pretend like I didn't feel the stares of the entire room on me as I pulled out my work for the day.

"You're allowed one more tardy before I have to write you up." My teacher explained in an annoyed manner, returning to his lesson on the board in front of us.

"Yes, sir," I muttered to myself.

Several times during the class, I saw Josh, in my peripheral vision, glance over his shoulder at me, trying to get my attention, but I never took my eyes off of the board or my desk. I couldn't look at him. That's when I remembered I had to see the girl he kissed yesterday in my second period as well.

Awesome.

I kept my eyes on the clock, putting away all my things early so that I could leave as quickly as possible from that class and avoid Josh entirely.

My luck failed me yet again when the bell rang for us to leave. I stood up quickly, attempting to escape, but Josh had already walked to my desk, hands in his pockets facing me.

Damn it.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey," I replied, not looking up at him, that terrified nauseous feeling washing over me, making my heart pound in my chest.

"Did you get my text last night? I was just wondering if you were still good with hanging out this weekend."

"Oh, I didn't see it," I lied, "I'll check later."

I threw my bag over my shoulder and briskly walked past him and to the classroom's door. In the corner of my eye, I saw his gaze on me, but he never attempted to follow me and walk with me like he usually does. 

Maybe he got the hint.