Part 5

I managed to finally pull away my gaze and walk into the living room where Sam, Violet, Danny, and the other boy, who I assumed was another Kiszka, were all sitting.

As if reading my mind, Sam gestures to the boy I don't know and says, "This is my brother Jake, Josh's twin, and Danny is our friend." He then gestures to the dark-haired boy.

Josh has a twin? I think to myself, looking over at Jake. They both have very similar faces, but their hair is very different. I realize both Jake and Danny must go to our school, yet I'm pretty sure I've never seen them.

"Hey." I manage to greet with a smile. They greeted me back, and I decided to continue the conversation.

"So, where were you all this morning? You were out pretty early if you're heading back home already."

"We had a small band practice at Danny's house," Jake replied.

"Band?" I said in utter shock. But as I thought about it more, their style and overall personalities really could have given it away.

"Did I never mention that?" Violet adds. "Oops." she smiles.

"Yeah, we're in a small band. We just kind of mainly do covers for fun but were starting to write our own stuff," Sam replies. "I'm on bass, Dannys on drums, Jakes on guitar, and Josh is our vocals."

"Josh sings?" I ask, becoming more and more shocked with every word that comes out of Sam's mouth.

"Yeah, and he's pretty damn good," Jake replies.

How many layers to this boy are there? I think. Just then, I hear the bathroom door open, and Josh comes down the hall and sits next to Jake, directly across from me. Danny gets up and heads down to the bathroom next.

"Josh, they tell me you sing." I pipe up, trying to engage myself like Violet suggested the previous night.

He looks up at me, raises his eyebrows, and one corner of his mouth pinches into a grin.

"That's right." He replies. "You and Violet should come over sometime and watch us play."

Oh god, why did I say anything?

"Sure, It would be fun to see what kind of music you play," I reply, trying to flow back into the conversation and not look terrified.

Ok, I'm doing a pretty good job of acting confident.

"Next Saturday?" He asks.

Oh, shit, he actually wants us to come to watch, and this wasn't just a conversation filler.

"That sounds good," Violet adds. "Are you good with that?" She looks over at me, giving me a look that says, 'just go with it.'

I just nod and lean back into the chair I'm in.

"Cool, then it's a date." He said, that stupid smirk never leaving his face and his eyes never wavering from mine, making my stomach drop again. He has a way of doing that.

Why would he call it a date? I think. He could have called it anything else.

Just then, Danny came out of the bathroom and walked back into the living room.

"All right, I guess it's time to go," Sam says. "Thank you for letting us stay for a bit. And thanks for letting me take your cousin on a date," he says, looking at Violet.

"No problem." I laughed.

They all started to get up, and I said my goodbyes to them and Violet when Josh spoke up.