T H I R T Y O N E

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

november 18th, 2023
delilah's party
cobham, london

Delilah grinned as she watched Natalia run her hands through her hair to loosen her curls, the long-haired United striker having stayed over at her house so she didn't have to drive down to London this morning. The both of them had spent their day on the sofa watching Modern Family and laughing at videos on TikTok whilst Declan and Mason got the house ready for the party.

She had noticed a few longing glances from Declan and Natalia and furrowed her eyebrows plenty of times, wondering what had happened between them since they last saw one another for them to be warming up to each other again.

She shrugged anyway, knowing that whatever happened was just helping her and everyone else with the plan to get them back together, which was hopefully going to happen tonight.

Now the two girls were sitting in the spare room of Delilah's house getting ready, Mason and Declan on the opposite side of the room doing the exact same thing but taking a lot less time doing so. 

Declan let his eyes glance over at Nat and felt his heartbeat against his chest as the sight of her, breathing in a deep breath and sighing to try and get rid of the thoughts about her in his head. Natalia's phone started ringing not more than 2 minutes later, Delilah turning the music down so that her friend could hear who was on the phone.

"I'll be one minute." She says to them before hanging up the phone. She finishes buckling her heels onto her feet before graciously walking out of the room and downstairs, everybody following her now that they were done.

Declan's smile dropped when he saw Natalia embracing Marcus tightly at the front door, the simple gesture looking far too affectionate for there not to be anything going on between them. He didn't let it get to him as more and more people started piling into the house, Delilah turning the music on and up so it could get into full swing.

Declan had distracted himself by talking to one of the girls that had turned up out of nowhere, making sure his full attention was on her every time Nat walked in with hopes of getting her jealous. Little to his knowledge, Nat had seen all of it, and drowned out her very harsh feelings with a lot of alcohol that Lilah was supplying for her.

Marcus was starting to get a little worried about just how much she was consuming and wanted her to stop, hating the state she got herself into after one too many drinks. Declan seemed perfectly sober, so when he eventually got tired of the girl in front of him, he searched around for Natalia.

Lilah went from happy party-goer to protective in a matter of seconds, holding Nat's hair back as she leaned over the toilet bowl throwing up whatever drinks she had consumed. When she had eventually finished, she gave Nat a glass of water to down and some paracetamol, and some chewing gum, and let her rest on the bathroom floor for a little while.