"Not sure what you've heard but we're handling all the marketing for the bidding project. We're producing samples and sending them for approval. Everything has to be perfect."

"It's a big event," I agreed.

"Right."

We stopped in front of the door. It has Melanie Birch on it.

Her office was enormous. I even spotted a second room with a small kitchen in it.

"Have a seat," she said.

Once settled, Miss Melanie smiled at me. "Can I get you anything?"

"No, I'm good."

"So, let me get straight to the point. You're not here as a worker. You're here as a middle man. I don't have the staff to be running errands. Since you're here, that's going to be your job."

I squeezed my legs. "Running errands?" I echoed.

"We need our samples taken to HQ for approval. Now, why can't we send them online? Well, HQ is checking for color and paper quality. Everything must be printed. That was the agreement we had."

"I'm going to take the samples from here to there."

"Exactly," she said, smiling. "You get the feedback and tell us and our work doesn't have to stop. I can immediately talk to whichever department needs correction."

That didn't seem too difficult. I had Joseph take me there. Plus, I doubt this was going to happen every day.

Miss Melanie reached under her desk and place a large black file on the desk. "This is everything, we've sent," she said. "We've had few approvals. In your spare time, I want you to get acquainted with everything in here."

I eyed the folder. That looked like 50 pages and then some more. At least it didn't seem complicated. Besides, I could always ask Alexander for what they were looking for. 

"But for today, I need you to run an errand."

My heart skipped a little.

"Our latest sample has been finished. You'll go with Rachel to HQ and deliver it. She'll show you the ropes."

"Y-yeah, okay."

Miss Melanie explained that I wouldn't have a set office but there was a lounge I could use. When I wasn't needed, I could work on my school assignment. There would be occasions where I might have to help with secretarial tasks on occasion.  

She looked at her clock. "Our appointment is in two hours. I want you to talk to HR and make sure everything looks good on your account. Let me show you the way."

"Sure."

I followed Miss Melanie out. Once she showed me to the room, she left so I could sort everything out. It didn't take long to be seen. My bank account was in the system and they had my employee ID ready. They even updated the card eye Jesse gave me. All in all, I was good to go. That took the better part of an hour. 

As I passed through the lobby, Rachel waved me over.

"Hey, seems like we're going to be working together."

"Oh, yeah. Seems that way."

"Miss Melanie wants you to go through onboarding. You're watching videos on how we operate." She reached underneath the counter and placed a laptop in front of me. "Here, use this. The program has been loaded into it. Oh, you might need to check your email for your credentials."

I took the laptop from her. "Thanks. Um, just let me know when you're heading out?"

"Sure." She gestured to the sitting area. "Why don't you wait there?"

For the next half hour, I watched the safety videos on online safety and privacy. The quizzes were extensive, to say the least. Luckily, Rachel decided to head out. She took the company car. I sent Joseph a message letting him know where we were going. 

We should have had enough time to get there but unfortunately, there was a wreck. By the time we made it to HQ, we had five minutes to spare.

"Here." Rachel handed me the black portfolio. "Go get checked in and I'll meet you there."

As soon as the car stopped outside, I took the portfolio and hurried inside. HQ had a security team at the entrance. I showed them my employee ID and they let me inside. The security check last for a few minutes before I was allowed further inside.  

I walked up to the receptionist. 

"Welcome to Royal Headquarters," he said. "How can we be of service?" 

"I'm Rin from Royal Prints. We have an appointment."

"Yes. You're expected." He gestured to the elevator. "Head up to the 12th floor. The meeting has started."

"I have someone with me," I began.

"I'll send them up when they've arrived but you're already late as it is."

"Right. Thanks."

I tried not to run. An attendant called the elevator and rode it up with me to the 12th floor. 

"Down the hall," she said. "Room 1252."

"Thanks."

My shins burned by the time, I reached the room. My palms sweated. I pressed my ear to the door. The door opened. I quickly stepped aside. A man and a woman in suits stepped out of the room, followed by . . . a child? He too wore a suit but he didn't look like a regular employee. He seemed to be around 10 years old.

He glanced at me and I froze.

There was something so familiar about him. He looked like a younger version of . . . Alexander.

"Hi, I'm Rin from Royal Prints," I blurted out. "I have our samples." I showed opened the folder and showed it to him. 

The young boss stopped. "You're late," he said. "Meeting has already finished."

"Sorry," I said. "There was a wreck."

"Not our problem."

"Prince Rothchester," the woman said. "We're running late."

My jaw dropped. Rothchester?! 

Gaping at them, I watched them walk to the elevator. Getting over my initial shock, I followed after them.

"Then what did you think of the design?" I asked.

Luckily, the elevator didn't come as quickly.

"Feedback is appreciated," I continued. 

The young prince looked at me and frowned.

The elevator opened and I saw Rachel. 

"Hello, sir," she said. "Please allow me to follow you to the next meeting."

Realizing what she was suggesting, I handed the man in the suit the folder. When the elevator closed, I was left standing in the hallway by myself.

I took my cellphone from my pocket. 

'You have a brother?!' I sent to Alexander.

The elevator opened up again when the message arrived. I read it on the way down. 

'I have a lot of siblings,' he replied. 'Which one did you meet?'

I gaped at my cellphone. How was he so nonchalant about this? I mean, I knew he had siblings but somehow, I had forgotten? Then I remember what Camellia said. Was this their contingency plan? Was the Mafia planning on having another Prince take Alexander's place? 

'When are you free?' I asked.

'I'll call you,' he replied.

Sighing, I rested my head on the wall. This was going to get messy.