(Mercenary!Punz x Mute!Reader)

This is a Fem!Reader,, Requested by LunarityChuWolf <3 This was requested soooo long ago and I'm sorry i just found time to finish this. Lowkey forgot abt it :') btw i know nothing about how being a mercenary work so yea.. i just searched up what it means and kind of just work with what i have.. :))

_______________

Bang!

"Come on...Aim.. Aim better.." The guy whispered to himself.

Bang!

"Aim better!" Frustrated, he turned around, making sure his gun is aimed at the target.

Bang!

THUD

"*sigh* Finally.." He leaned against the nearest tree, clutching his side, blood rushing out fast. The guy started walking the direction he remembered he went from before blacking out.

°
°
°

A girl named (Y/n) is wandering around the forest, picking some flowers and a few herbs for a medicine she's been working on. While walking around looking for more herbal plants, she caught a scent. This scent, it smells so strong... Blood? She was startled when she saw a guy laying down, lifeless on the ground. She tried lifting him up, he was heavy for her but she did her best to drag him to her cottage.

When she finally made it back to her humble abode, she laid him down on her bed. The girl got up and grabbed a towel to clean the blood. She then gathered some herbs that she got earlier and started pounding and mixing them with her mortar and pestle.

When she was done, she put it on top of the wound and wrapped it with a clean bandage. (Y/n) let the guy rest and went to the kitchen to cook. Chopping up some potatoes, she decided to make rabbit stew.

She was saving the rabbit for a different occasion but it seems more reasonable for her to cook it for her unexpected guest.

As she cleans the rabbit, she had a pot of water on the burner, waiting to boil. Once it did, she was luckily already finished with the rabbit so she put it in the pot and waited for it to cook.

After boiling the rabbit alone, she added the vegetables and seasonings and waited for it to cook.

After about 30 minutes of cooking, the stew was finally done. (I'm not a cook so this is definitely not accurate :')) She turned off the burner and went outside to do her laundry. 'Should I change the guy's clothes so I can wash his dirty ones? Nevermind, I'll just have him change ones he wakes up..' (Y/n) thought before continuing her laundry.

When she was finally done with the laundry, she hung them up and went back inside to clean. While cleaning, she could hear slight shuffling behind her so she turned around, only to see the wounded guy standing in front of her.

Worried look painted her face as she tried to approach the guy. Tried. She froze on her spot when she saw him pulling the gun out of his pocket and pointing it at her.

"Where am I?" The guy asked. 'How am I supposed to answer?!' (Y/n) thought, panicking. "Answer me," Impatiently, the guy questioned again. "Can you not speak?!" He snapped. Shaking, (Y/n) just shook her head. Her trembling hands travelled to her throat, trying her best to tell the guy that she can't speak.

As if he understood, he lowered the gun and stared at her. 'Well, this is awkward..' She thought. After minutes of silence between the two, (Y/n) heard a grumble. She looked at the guy and noticed his face flush in embarrassment.

She softly smiled at him and hurriedly laid out two sets of bowls and cutlery. She scooped both bowls a serving of the rabbit stew and put it on the dinning table. She gestured the guy to sit down and eat. It took him a few moment before giving into his hunger and started eating.

(Y/n) smiled and ate her food silently. 'I wanna know his name.. But how am I suppose to ask?..' Bummed out by the fact that she can't ask him his name, she just continued eating with a frown on her face. "Thank you.. um.." The guy spoke, before pausing and realising that he doesn't know the girl's name.

(Y/n) hurriedly went to her room and got a paper and something to write with. "(Y/n)" She wrote down before handing it over to the other. "(Y/n) huh? Nice name.." She just stared at him, hoping that he would tell her his name. The guy looked at her, knowing what she is implying. He hesitated about telling the girl his name but since she did save him, he figured it was alright. "Punz. My name is Punz."

(Was gonna use his real name, like fr, i searched up his real name. But One, i dunno if he's comfortable with his real name being used in things like this. And Two, it was the same name as my crush so I didn't use it. I might get distracted while writing the story :'))

"The meal was delicious. I'll wash the dishes-" (Y/n) shook her head before Punz could walk any closer to the sink. "Rest," She mouthed, no sound coming out her throat. He was gonna argue but (Y/n) already turned away and went to wash the dishes. Punz sighed and went back to the room he woke up in.

After (Y/n) finished washing the dishes, she got new pair of pants and a shirt for Punz to change into. The pants and shirt were made by her. It was suppose to be for her but she made it too big. Thanking her past self for making the pants and shirt gender neutral, she walked to her room to give Punz the clothes for him to wear. (Y/n) knocked on the door and waited for him to let her in. Once he did, she opened the door and handed him the clothes. "Thank you." He muttered. She smiled and left the room once again to let him change.

(Time skip)

It has been a week since (Y/n) took Punz in. His wound is better now, and he's planning on going back to the city. Unbeknownst to him, (Y/n) has developed feelings for him. But she didn't want her feelings to stop him from going back. "Thank you for taking care of me. I need to go now." Punz said. He's currently wearing the clothes he was wearing when (Y/n) found him. He insisted on wearing it on his way back. Before he walked away, (Y/n) gave him an envelope, possibly a letter inside. He was about to open it but (Y/n) stopped him. "Should I open it when I'm back in the city?" He asked. (Y/n) nodded, showing him her warm smile to send him off.

They bid goodbye, both silently hoping to see each other again.
__________

Punz arrived the city after being quite lost in the forest. He noticed the familiar street and walked to his house. The first thing he did was take a shower and change his clothes. Soon after, he remembered the letter (Y/n) gave him. He opened it and read what was inside. A lot of words were scribbled on the paper but only 3 words caught his attention. "I love you.." His eyes widened a few tears slipping. Punz clutched the paper in his hand and sprinted out, trying to find his way back to the girl who managed to find a way to soften his cold heart.

He ran for minutes, already have forgotten the way to the small cottage. "(Y/n)!!" He screamed, hoping the said girl would hear him and meet up somewhere in the forest. He called out to her numerous times, to his luck, it seems like the girl went out to look for him. He saw her silhouette, not that far from him. She turned around and saw Punz standing there. (Y/n) tilted her head, confused as to why he came back. Punz smiled and ran as fast as he could. (Y/n) still has this confused look on her face when Punz grabbed her face and smashed his lips onto her.

Her train of thought stopped. Heart was pounding inside her chest. (Y/n) was not expecting him to kiss her. She soon melted into the kiss, snapping out of her shocked state.

They broke the kiss and stared at each others eyes.

"I love you too.."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS WAS LITERALLY REQUESTED 4 OR 5 MONTHS AGO I AM SO SORRY-

Hope y'all like it, if there are any errors or mistakes, be sure to tell me. I didn't proof read this :')

—W.