A Love So Beautiful (2)

Start from the beginning

"Too bad Rosie couldn't be with us huh." Jisoo nudges Jennie playfully.

"Yeah, cause now I have to third wheel you two even more." Jennie teases.

"Whatever, anyways what's the real deal between you and Rosie."

"Me and Rosie?"

"Yeah..I mean with everyone else she's still the same as always. Cold, aloof, quiet."

"She's like that with me too."

"Nah nah, she's opened up to you. I mean she's so cringe sometimes that it makes me wonder if she has a split personality or something."

"First of all..she doesn't. Second, Rosie and I are friends."

"Friends that like each other."

"Yes, I still like her...but that's it. I don't think I'll pursue my feelings anymore."

"Huh?"

"It took me so long to get to the point where she opens up to me. I don't want to lose whatever it is we have now...Anyways, I'm going to go check on Rosie." Jennie ends the conversation, opting to leave the two alone.

~

"Rosie, I'm here." Jennie smiles, peeking her head through the door.

"Did you guys finish already?" Roseanne asks, motioning for Jennie to come inside.

"Mhm..although our 4th roommate is nowhere to be seen."

"That's fine with me." Roseanne says under her breath.

"Hmm? What was that?"

"Nothing. Anyways I'm almost don.."

"Roseanne, there's a department dinner tonight. Are you coming?" One of Roseanne's roommates comes in.

"I don't know."

"A dinner? Can I come?" Jennie asks.

"Sure, anyone's welcome."

"Nice! I'll see you tonight then?"

"Where are you going?" Roseanne asks.

"I have a meeting with my advisor. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Hmm." Roseanne nods and watches as Jennie leaves.

"Who was that? She's really pretty."

"My girlfriend." Roseanne says with a smile.

"Ooohh look at you."

~ ~

The dinner with Roseanne's department wasn't too overwhelming. It seemed that only a few could go, which was understandable since most of the upperclassmen in the medical program were too swamped to even leave the dorms.

Things were going well...that is until the attention suddenly turned to Roseanne and Jennie.

"So Jennie, what do you major in?"

"Digital arts."

"Interesting. How do you like it so far? I can never imagine being an art major...I'm too uncreative." The guy joked, seemingly getting closer to the younger girl.

"Ah well.."

"As future doctors, I think being creative is a fundamental skill. Nothing will be 100% like the textbook. We should also learn how to think outside the box." Roseanne quickly spoke up, an arm casually draping over Jennie's shoulder, pulling the girl closer, "Anyways, don't we have to meet up with Chu and Lisa soon?" Roseanne gave Jennie a look that told the girl to go along with it.