Chapter 20

1 week later

Sitting outside on a bench with a cup of ramen beside him, Chifuyu was gazing motionless at the hospital building while waiting for his food to cool down

" Are you gonna head inside or what?"

From the corner of his eyes, the blond saw his friend take a seat next to him " I don't know" he shrugged and took the cup of noodles. Pulling the lid of, he used his chopsticks to get a spoonful of the food inside his mouth

" Don't tell me you're still upset with her?"

Not getting a reaction from his friend, Takemichi took this as a sign that he was still mad at you " Come on " he lightly punched his shoulder " If it's really bothering you that much then you should really talk to her about it "

" Even if we do that...I'm positive that in the end nothing good will come out of it. We'll just get into an argument..." 

" You don't know-"

" Yes I do" Chifuyu cut off his friend " Takemichi, Y/n got shot by Kisaki but it was his and Izana plan from the start to kill her. And despite my warning she still put herself in danger by joining the fight against Tenjiku. "

" I understand that our story must have sounded crazy to her, hell when you first told me about your power I admit that I doubted the possibility of such thing." the boy lightly chuckled at the memory before continuing 

" But the thing that just really aggravates me, is that she was willing to risk her life for someone who reality was just a stranger. Izana was never related to her...And for a while, she knew this..."

Furrowing his brows, Takemichi watched as his friend placed down the cup of noddles before running his hands through his dyed locks " Gosh, I don't think she even considered how others might have felt if something had happened to her..." 

Although Takemichi agreed with everything his companion just said, he couldn't help but think that in this entire situation, Chifuyu had another emotion running through him. Sure he was angry, however to him it also sounded like he might feel something else... 

" You know..." he paused for a few seconds, hesitating if saying the next thing was wise or not " It sounds to me that besides being frustrated with her, you're also...kind of...jealous"

" What!?" Chifuyu's eyes widen " How hard did Kakucho hit your head for you to suddenly spout this nonsense?"

Locking eye's with his friend, Takemichi gave him a light smile " Saying it out loud sounds weird I admit, but I don't think I'm wrong here."

" Enlighten me " 

" It's simple really " The boy took the cup of ramen and ate some " You think that she choose Izana over you. And that doesn't suit well because you have known her much longer than he did."

" And based on that you're making this assumption " the blond raised his brow

" Well I know that if I were in your shoes I would definitely feel that way. I mean your best friend risking everything for someone else his sake while not paying any attention on how that would affect you, would imaginably suck a lot"