13 - Their progress

Beginne am Anfang

Jason: 3rd grade!

Luke: Yeah!

Doctor 1: What do you think could've triggered it?

Jason pics up Kacey's phone off the floor and goes through his recent photos. As he continues to scroll down through the photos, all he sees are pictures of Kacey and Marinette.

Jason: He's trying to remember them! He's trying, but he can't!

Luke: You mean...he doesn't remember, Marinette?

Jason: Apearently not, dumbass!

Kacey: SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO REMEMBER! I...I'M TRYING...

Doctor 2: Get that girl here, now!

Luke: But-

Nurse 1: Just do it!

Jason: I'll call them!

He takes out his phone and dials Marinette's number. They pick up and answer like normal.

Marinette: Update on Kacey?

Jason: Not this time. Just get down here! Right now!

Marinette: I'll be there.

He hangs up and looks at Luke and everyone else in the room.

Jason: She'll be here. 20 minutes tops.

Luke: What about-

Jason: They didn't tell them, they're smart about that, but if they don't get here soon...

20 minutes pass and Marinette still isn't here. The doctors have left Kacey with Jason and Luke who can only try and drown out the cries of their brother to make it less painful for them.

Jason whips his phone out and is about to call Marinette again, but they fly into the room. Literally. They stumbled and tripped over their own feet and flew into the room. Luke and Jason take the belts off his arms and quickly back away from the bed.

Luke: Sorry, but we're gonna have to leave this to you! He wouldn't hurt you no matter what!

Jason: Yeah, what he said!

They quickly leave the room before Kacey can find things to start flinging around like it's Gorilla shit.

He jumps out of bed; eyes blood shot, wrists bruised with red imprints, breathing heavy. His eyes dart around the room in a panic before they land on a somewhat scared bluenette in the middle of the room.

Kacey: It's... It's you...

Marinette: Me?

Kacey: The- The girl from the pictures! It's you!

Marinette: Uh-... Hey?

Kacey: I've heard a lot about you! Jason and Luke come by everyday to tell me about our friends!

Marinette: That's... That's great!

Kacey: We're we really good friends before?

Marinette: Yeah, we are. You're one of my best friends.

Kacey: I am?

Marinette: Yeah! You're really cool to hang around.

Kacey: Then... Then how come you never visited? Luke and Jason said that... it was something I did... Is that true?

Marinette: N-No! That's not it! That's not it at all! You didn't do anything! It's something personal, but I promise you didn't do anything!

Kacey: R-Really?