Chapter 2 : Love Is In The Air

Time was flying.
I passed a smile to him whenever our eyes met and he did the same. Firstly, he was a little confused so what he did made me furious.

On Teacher's Day, most of the girls wear saree and so did I.
My mum was also a teacher and used to teach us Biology but due to some personal issues she left the job.

Me and my friend Amy were about to go upstairs but bumped into Tae. He looked at me and I was eagerly waiting for his compliment.
"You look like your mom", he said and I melted.
"Now please excuse me sister", he continued and my smile faded. I moved a bit to make way for him. Me and Amy exchanged looks.

"What? How can he call me sister? Ugh", I groaned.

For the next few days, whenever we met with an eye contact I gave him deadly looks but he still smiled. His smile always take away my anger.
I admit, I can never be angry at him.

On one fine day, a girl from his section gestured me to come. I refused but she insisted.

"What?", I asked as I reached the last bench. She indicated Tae who was sitting next to her in the opposite row.

"I love you", he whispered.
"What?", I asked while controllimg my laugh.
"I love you", he again repated with a smile.
"But I don't", I replied in a low voice. He nodded.

You must be thinking what just happened? Why did he propose? Why didn't I accept?

"It was just a dare. Nothing serious", he continued.
I passed a smile and left.

After returning home, I called him.
"It was just a dare", he said.
"I already knew it", I replied with pride.
"By the way, what was your answer. I didn't hear it clearly", he asked.
"I said that I don't love you because I knew it was a dare. If it was real then..", and I stopped.
"Then?", he questioned.
"Maybe a yes", I replied with a blush.
"Why don't you give it a try? I mean if you like someone, be brave enough to confess", he said.
"I'm afraid", I lowered my voice.
"Afraid of what?", he asked with concern.
"Rejection", I replied.

The next day, he gestured me to come near the stairs. I went.

"Wait for me", he said.
In a while he came back with chocolate bars in his hand and went on his knees.
He lowered his face, his gaze and said, "I love you".

For a minute, I felt like I am the luckiest girl in this universe to get what I always wanted, what I desired for.

"What are you thinking of?", he asked still on his knees.
I got back to senses and took the chocolates.
"I love you too", I replied with a blush.

I actually turned red. It was the first time when I said a guy that I love him. I was on the seventh cloud that day. He was the first one to listen these words from me. He was my first love, my happiness and also the cause of my unknown pain ahead.

So, now let me share you about our first weird date. Usually a girl brings her friend along but here, it was vice-versa.

"Who is he?", I asked him pointing towards the person along.
"He is my best friend, Riyaz Aly", he replied.

.......