Chapter 5

"Why would I not help you?" He asks. 

"Arigato! I said. "This is the outfit that Tsumu left for me."

"Oh! Skirt this time!" I said, smiling

"I guess so," Kaname says. 

"Are they those strap ones where I can just open it and just strap it or....are they like pants?" I asked him. 

"Well, these are like pants. No straps!" He says, holding the skirt open so I can put my legs in. I nodded and held his shoulders while I put my legs in. 

"I want to try to put the...um...what is this called?" I asked Kaname.

"I think it is a hoodie with no pockets," Kaname says. 

"Yeah, that on my own?" I asked. 

"Sure! Just say if you need any help," he says. "You should probably-."

I put it in on and I couldn't fit my head through that I got kind of stuck. 

"Eeeg! I think I am stuck," I said, walking around. 

"Let me help you. You forgot to loosen the drawstrings," Kaname says. He started to chase me while I was trying to look for him. 

"Stop running. How else am I going to put it on?" He asks. 

"Gomen," I said, stopping at the bathroom door and Kaname comes closer. 

"What's going on?" Tsumugu says, bumping into me and we both fell. Before I fell, I held on to Kaname's collar with made him fall too. In the end, I was sitting in Tsumugu, and Kaname's head was on my chest.

"You look like a hoodie monster!" Tsumugu says, laughing. 

"Shut up! I'm trying!" I whined. Kaname and Tsumugu, together helped me put the hood on. They were red as a tomato when I was finally able to see them.

"Arigato," I said, finally being able to breathe.

"I'm going to go change at come," Tsumugu says. 

"Kk! I'm going to go to the bathroom for a second," I said. I locked the door and started to blush nuts! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! What in the world just happened! 

This can't be happening! When they fall in love with someone they like, I should be grateful for them. Not be jealous and sad! I shouldn't fall in love with them. I know at first I thought it was fine, but I don't think it is fine now!

I stayed in the bathroom to calm down and think through this. Wait, what if I make them like me. I can try to make them feel the same as me! It's probably not going to work, but it is worth trying.

"Are you coming?" Tsumugu asks. 

"Yeah, one second!" I said. Maybe if I act more human, they will feel more comfortable and like me more. I stuffed my tail inside my skirt and wore the hood on top of my head. 

"Close enough!" I said, smiling at the mirror. I walked out and the two frowned at me. "Let's go!"

I was about to skip to the door, but Kaname blocked the door. 

"You can't go out like this?" Tsumugu says, shaking his head. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, smiling. 

"What you look like is not pretty at all," Kaname says. Kaname takes out a mirror and Tsumugu takes off my hood. 

"You're beautiful like this," Tsumugu says. 

"Maybe if I am like this, I can make you feel more comfortable, and...you wouldn't think I am different," I said, putting the hood on. 

"You are different from others. That is what I like about you," Tsumugu and Kaname say at the same time. They were surprised that they said that at the same time, so they looked at each other and pouted. I started to laugh at their actions. 

"I can't! You guys are too...adorable!" I said, laughing. I took my hood off and pulled my tail, back out.

"So, while you were in the bathroom, we decided that Tsumugu will pay on the surface and I will pay in the ocean," Kaname says. 

"When will I pay?" I asked. 

"Pay with what? All your money is going to your school, fee. We are supposed to pick up your uniform from a store," Tsumugu says. "Apparently, you had to use your uniform money for textbooks so Ojii-san and I paid for you."

"Wait, but I and my mama also paid for you," Kaname says. "When we get there, pick the one you like most. My selection or Tsumugu's."

"O-Oh...um, okay," I mumbled. I didn't want to upset them, and they both probably picked a great one. "I promise, I will repay you both! End of discussion!" 

Kaname already had his money and Tsumugu got some from his Ojii-san. We made our way to the city side. Everyone kept staring at me and whispering something about me. 

"Can I please wear my hood?" I whined. 

"You should honestly be proud of people acknowledging you!" Kaname says. 

"I don't even know if they are talking trash about me or something good," I said. 

"Either way, you shouldn't care if they talk bad about you," Tsumugu says. 

"That's easy for you to say," I said. 

"Aye kids, this your pup?" A tall man asks. Man, his breath stinks!

"No, she doesn't need an owner. She has the same rights as us," Kaname says.

"No, don't you know the rules, kid! All animals in this city must have an owner and a collar with their owner's name! Since you don't own her. I will keep her!" He says, pulling me. 

"Let me go! I do not approve of this!" I yelled. Everyone crowded around us and started requesting money to own me. Tsumugu and Kaname tried to fight for me, but people just started to attack them. 

"Tsumu! Kana!" I yelled. Luckily, a lawyer was passing by and we all went to his court. 

"She doesn't have a collar and an owner. She must be owned to someone and I say it is me!" The same man from earlier says. Other people also started to argue. I remember studying all the rules when I was in 3rd grade.

"Rule number 183!" I shouted. Everyone became silent and I gulped and started to explain/

"When two or more fights for a pet. The amocromyth creature is allowed to pick who they want as their owner. In other words, I am allowed to pick who my owner should be."

"The wolf amocromyth isn't wrong," the lawyer says. 

"Please, call me Kaishu," I said. 

"Okay, Kaishu...who do you pick to be your owner or owners," the lawyer asks. 

"Tsumugu Kihara and Kaname Isaki, will you both be my owners?" I asked with a smile. The two blushed and nodded with a smile.