I finished folding and was going to grab my makeup bag from the bathroom when I heard my dad quietly whispering to someone. "Did she give you anything?" He asked . "No, she won't budge" I heard Erin's voice. "I'm really worried about her, she always tells me these kind of things, but lately I just feel like she's shutting down. I don't know what to do anymore. " Erin added. "She hasn't asked me to go to any parties in a really long time. I really hope this birthday party is a good sign.." My Dad said. At this point I stopped eavesdropping, it was too much for me to take in. I love Erin and I really want to tell her this, but it's just too hard. I'm feel really bad for making her feel this way...

I tried my best to block out this conversation, and started getting ready for Hannah's birthday party. The first birthday party I have been invited to in a really long time. I changed into my yellow dress and put on a bunch of makeup trying to slim my face as much a possible. Then, I pulled my scrunchy out of my hair and let it fall down naturally. Ew! Why is my hair so ugly! Why can't it just be straight? Or curly? why does it have to be wavy and ugly?

"Ellie! Are you ready?" My Dad yelled up the stairs.
"Yeah, one minute! I just need my shoes!" I yelled back. I grabbed my black flats and put them on. No way I was going to wear heels to this birthday party. I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs.

We walked to the car in total silence. It wasn't a long drive, Hannah only lived a few blocks away. Thank god! "No drinking, no drugs, no boys, do I make myself clear? " My Dad firmly said with his raspy voice. "Yes Dad.. Besides, her parents are home there's going to be no drinking or drugs. " I replied. "But there will be boy's. So stay away. I'm serious! I don't you getting pregnant yet or-" "okay Dad! were here! That's enough lecturing for today! Thanks for the ride! See you later! bye!" I cut him off and practically jumped out of the car.

"Hi Hannah! Happy birthday!" I said and handed her a gift. Another one of my masterpieces, a green dress that would bring out her green eyes. "Thank you! You look great!!" She saud with a smile. "You too!" I replied. "Mom, Dad, this is Ellie, the one I told you about.." Hanna introduced me to her parents. "Hi Ellie, it's lovely to meet you!" Hannah's mom said.

"Common, let me go introduce you to everyone!" Hanna said and then dragged me with her down to the basement. When I got to the bottom of the staircase, I saw a big room filled with colorful lights, decorations and.. People. Lots of people. Well, not that many people, but a big group of them.. Moat of the people there where from my school but there were also some strange kids I've never seen before. "Hey, look sorry to leave you all by yourself I just need to go welcome people, you know it's my party and all.. " she said and rolled her eyes. "Anyways, help yourself... See ya soon bye!" and then she ran up the stairs and disappeared.

Many people may call me antisocial. I'm not, I like people, just.. Not talking to them.. So when I was left all by myself in the middle of a room filled with strangers, I started to panic.
What now? Who do I talk to? Do I start a conversation? Or do i wait for someone to start one with me?
I spotted Noah and quickly looked away. I never accepted his offer to go out. I tried hiding in the corner of the room but Noah spotted me and started walking over. Oh no! Oh no no no no no no! Please don't come to me! Please don't talk to me!
"Hey!" He said. Well so much for that...

Pictures:
*I do not own any of the pictures,they are all from Pinterest.*

The dress Ellie had sown

Ellie's yellow party dress

The shoes.

Hannah's birthday gift

A/N:
hi guys! So sorry for not updating in a while! I found myself with great ideas for this story but with no motivation. I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter but i hope you like it!
I would love if you could leave your feed about my writing.
Stay happy and healthy! I'm always here if you need to talk!
Xox,
May❤