The man stopped doubting Helen when he saw that she was constantly apologizing in tears.

He put the sword in the sheath and scratched his head in a panic.

“Don’t cry.”

The man’s words made Helen’s eyes widened. She looked up and the man spoke again.

“I thought you were here to kill me.”

“Ha….”

Helen blinked, forgetting that she was crying, because the man lightly wiped Helen’s tears with his thumb.

The hands of the man who swept under her eyes were rough, but his behavior was friendly.

Suddenly, Helen was embarrassed by the man who was acting like this and bumped into a bookcase as she stepped back.

The books poured down.

She squeezed her eyes shut in surprise. Instinctively, she wrapped herself with her hands.

However, even though she could hear the sound of the books dropping, it didn’t hurt one bit.

Besides, strangely enough, her body felt warm.

Huh…

When she gently opened her eyes, Helen hastily inhaled.

The man’s red eyes were visible in front of her.

Black hair and red eyes.

“Oh, does it hurt?”

The man covered Helen in his arms and got hit with books instead. And some of the books looked quite heavy.

“Oh, are you all right?”

Helen stammered in panic.

She was very worried about the man, precisely because he was injured because of her, and also because he might get angry and point his sword at her again.

“Why are you doing this? If you let me go, you would have been fine.”

The man frowned at Helen’s words.

“I’ve gone to a lot of trouble to help you.”

To him, Helen looked like a little chicken. Partly because of her blonde hair, but also because she sounded like one too.

If a chick was to get under that book, she would probably die.