True Strength

Start bij het begin

But even if you succeed this way, would you really be able to call it a true win?

... Shut up.

Shamshir had the next half's first kickoff. Kusaka tried to block him but was easily evaded. Shindou stole the ball using Einsatz again. He then passed it to Sakura, who then passed it to Tenma. But before Tenma could get it to him, the enemy made a pass cut and headed back down their side of the field.

Shindou managed to steal it back once again, and they made their way up with passes. As time passed by, it seemed that Kusaka was also starting to understand why they weren't passing to him.

Soon, Matatagi was the one to make it to the enemy goal. He made a shoot, but it was blocked easily. It was then passed to their captain.

"Do it! Hissatsu tactics! Dai Sabaku Sunaarashi!"

Suddenly, the whole field was covered by a giant sandstorm. One by one their team was swallowed and before they knew it, they arrived in front of the goal.

"Oil Rush!"

And another one went in.

Arabia's lions, Shamshir... They have a very powerful hissatsu tactics. They had to think of a way to get through it fast, or they were done for.

Next was their kickoff again. He passed the ball to Matatagi, who then gave it to Tenma. Seeing him moving up using Z Slash, he called out to him for the ball, but it was stolen before he could make the pass.

Kusaka was the one that went after him. He tried, and tried, and tried until his frustration was clearly starting to show.

"Damn it!"

"Don't rush, Kusaka!" He called out before he knew it. "Look more carefully at how they're moving!"

He didn't seem to have heard him though. After clashing with the enemy captain a couple of times, he was jabbed roughly on his chest, sending him to his knees. As the enemy taunted him, Tenma yelled for him to stop.

Luckily, he listened.

And in the split second the enemy captain let his guard down to click his tongue, Kusaka was able to steal the ball from him. It rolled over to Konoha, who panicked and simply stuck a foot out, which made it head straight for one of their strikers, but Minaho was able to clear it, sending it all the way back to the center of the field.

However, as the game progressed, it started feeling wrong. Kusaka was targeted more and more while the rest of them were marked and unable to do anything. He was tackled, kicked, headbutted... They were purposely trying to rile him up.

"You make me laugh for thinking someone like you can win against us. Weakling."

That word. That single word was all he didn't have to say.

"W... What was that?!" Before they knew it, Kusaka was on his feet, his maroon eyes wide open with only rage in them. "You called me weak?! Through pain, I'll show you how strong I am!"

But before he could land a hand on him, Tenma had his arms around him, holding him back.

"Kusaka, this isn't a fight! You're playing soccer with your friends... With us!"

"I am playing soccer!"

"No, you're not! Soccer isn't a fight! Even if you did beat him with your fists, that's not real strength!"

"Being strong is better than being weak!"

"I don't see anything strong about you right now!"

"What?!" His eyes slowly closed and his usual expression returned, though even as Tenma loosened his grip, he seemed extremely bothered. "When I show them how strong I am, everyone compliments me. Not one of them leaves me..."