Chapter 2: Strange Weather

A strong gust of wind welcomed them both as they entered Windswept Plains, the familiar sight of it’s gusty windmill village put a smile on their faces. From the distance, they could see a group of Aero acrobats practicing their flying formation. True, they were a bit clumsy with their routine, but they looked like they were having fun though!

 They walked through the flatlands, still watching the acrobats and their performance. There was a small group of costumes near a tent, one of them was a Laser Launcher who was looking intensely at the flying squadron. He was accompanied by three other costumes, a box fox duo, one who was tall with dark purple clothes and the other who was shorter with baby blue clothes and a rubber crystal around his neck, they were huddled near a radio and the two looked worried as they listened to a grey Soaring Sheep with a bell around her neck who was communicating with someone on the other end of a radio system.

 "Bellwether to Open Skies, come in Open Skies, how are you guys holding up there? Over." The Soaring Sheep inquired. They could tell that she was probably talking to one of the Flying Acrobats above them, her tone of voice sounded a mix of sternness and concern.  

 "A lil' shaky today, but overall we're good, Motita! Over." 

 "I'm pretty sure 'A lil' shaky' is putting it generously, Wilbur! Feels like I just ate everyone's breakfast all by myself! Over."

 "It feels like I'm being pulled down every time I try to go up! My wings hurt like crazy!...Oh! And over!"

 The duo approached the group, but didn't engage in conversation not wanting to bother any of them, but still wanting to hear what she was talking about. However, the Laser Launcher abruptly turned to acknowledge them causing them to jump slightly. 

 "Hello! I am called: Ian." The Laser Launcher greeted in a monotonous yet cheery tone. He even waved his hand.

 “Uh...Hello, Ian." The two awkwardly greeted the stoic robot. Suddenly, Ian's chest split open, the duo stood back assuming that he was preparing an attack, but they were surprised when instead he reached in and pulled out two lollipops.

 “Have a lollipop!” Ian offered, extending his arms out with the candies. Leo and Emma cautiously grabbed one and meekly thanked him. 

 The tiny Box Fox came running towards them at fast speeds, only stopping when he turned into a small metal box and slid the rest of the way. Ian lifted his foot outwards and halted the young fox's short journey. When he made contact with his foot, the fox immediately turned back to his fluffy form. The fox smiled when he saw the humans.

 “Hi, my name is Reynard! Nice to meet you! What’s your guy’s name? Do you guys know Haoyu? Or do you guys like planes? Cuz’ I like planes too! And chickens! And trains! What’s your favorite type of train?” Reynard asked and continued asking, it was apparent that this costume could hold a LOT of air in his lungs! Leo was at a loss at where to start answering, Emma however just awkwardly smiled and nodded castings quick glances at Leo hoping that he could start answering his questions. The taller fox sighed and approached him and rubbed his pointy hat down, blocking both of his eyes.

 “Rey-Rey, you ragamuffin, these are Leo and Emma. They helped get rid of Worville.” The older fox explained to the younger one before they turned their attention back to the humans. “Speaking of which, I take it you’re both here to see our dear four-eyed Broccoli, correct?”

 “Yeah! You guys know where he is?” Leo asked.

 “My guess, probably cooped up in his shop tinkering on his new invention, something to do with a toaster and a PB & J dispenser.” The fox explained pulling their younger brother’s hat back up. “Name’s Umbra by the way.”