"Nah, I don't think it's lame. It's a job so that's what matters," I reassure them. They smile at me.

"This is a temporary job. I just wanted to save some money weekly since I get paid biweekly at my regular job. I work some government job. It's boring, I won't get into details," They tell me. I smile and nod. I start to push my cart to the return lanes when they took it from me.

"Oh, I got it. You get in your car and head home. It looks like it's about to rain anyway," They insist. I smile.

"Sure. What was your name? I didn't catch it this whole time we talked," I ask them. They give me a small smile.

"Yelena. And you?" They ask.

"Y/n," I reply. Their eyes slightly widen before smiling at me.

"Pretty name. See you around, Y/n," They enunciate my name. I chuckle before heading to my car and heading back home to put these groceries away.

The lighthearted chat I had with Yelena at the grocery store was least expected. After getting home and putting groceries away, Sasha had called me. I answer.

"Does no one text in Paradis?" I joke. I hear her chuckle.

"Sorry! I just wanted to ask before tomorrow. Did you find out about where Eren works?" Sasha asks. I forgot about that. I didn't even think to ask. Damn, I was really curious about it too. And I planned on avoiding him too.

"What? No. He just came by for some notes and left. I didn't even think to ask him," I tell her. It's true, I hadn't thought to ask Eren about his secret occupation. But that's because he found out what he did last night. But even then, the thought completely slipped my mind.

"That's lame. Did he try to fuck you?" Sasha straightforwardly asks. I chuckle silently.

"No. Jesus, what reputation does this guy have?" I rhetorically ask, not expecting an answer.

"You should already be able to tell by now. Anyways, it sucks you got work tomorrow. I really wanted you to come to the party," She tries to guilt-trip me. I sigh before walking to my living room and sitting down with the phone to my ear.

"Actually, I can probably manage to get out early. But that's not a sure thing so don't get your hopes up," I tease her. I hear her chewing on chips before responding.

"Well if you do decide to go then go to that address I sent you the other night. We pre-gamed at Eren's place so you know where it's at," She tells me as she chews. So that was his place? The house was nice. Does he have money? Well considering how effortlessly well put together he looks, I wouldn't be surprised. When he inched closer to me last night, his cologne smelled expensive.

"Okay. Actually, are you working on Sunday? I wanted to go shopping for some decorations. This apartment looks kind of sad," I tell her. She laughs on the other end.

"I'd love to help but I do work! I can give you numbers and maybe you can ask Reiner or Connie to help you out," Sasha offers. I scoff.

"Thank you but no thank you. I doubt they have taste in interior design," I joke. She laughs.

"You're right. Connie lives in a frat house and that place looks humiliatingly sad. Maybe I can give you one of the girls' numbers! Historia or Mikasa can help! There's also Annie and Hitch!" Sasha offers again. I think before responding. I don't really know these girls. Plus, Mikasa and I being alone feels weird after what happened. I still can't really grasp the relationship she and Eren have. We talked about them briefly but I never got a sure answer on their status. If they are a thing, I want to steer clear of drama.