—————

Thankfully Victoria didn't live too far away, Anna quickly got out of the back of Max's car as they arrived outside their apartment. The short trip has been more than awkward and silent the whole way over.

Max's mother and father were already inside judging by their cars parked in the street by Victoria's apartment.

They made their way inside and upstairs quickly to the apartment. Max lifted his hand into a fist and knocked on the door.

A couple seconds later Tom came and let them inside. Hugging everyone starting with his brother in law and ending with the Brazilian.

They all walked into the living room where Jos was sat holding Lio in his arms while the rest sat around talking.

"Hey guys." Max spoke as they walked into the living room gaining everyone's attention.

Victoria stood up and hugged her brother while Sophie hugged Anna tightly not having seen the brown haired girl in a couple months.

"Hi sweetie." Sophie said with a smile.

"Hi." Anna replied smiling as she tightly hugged the woman who was like a second mother to her.

They swapped and Sophie then hugged Max while Victoria pulled Anna into a bone crushing hug. The two girls had always been incredibly close, like the sister neither of them had growing up.

"Congratulations." Anna exclaimed as she pulled the blonde into a hug.

"Thanks A." Victoria replied with a smile.

They pulled apart as Sophie went to greet Kelly who had been standing awkward during the hugs. Victoria went with her mother while Max and Anna walked over to Jos who was still holding Lio.

"He's so cute." Anna gushed over the little baby who was sleeping.

The only kids she had even been exposed to was Victoria's two boys Luka and Lio and then Penelope whenever she was hanging out with Max.

The little baby suddenly started shifting in his sleep causing Anna to jump back hoping she didn't wake him up.

He let out a cute little stretch and slowly started to open his eyes. He slowly looked around the room although Anna was pretty sure he couldn't really see anything yet.

"Wanna hold him?" Jos asked his son's best friend.

"Oh no. You go first." Anna told Max who was standing next to her.

"Anna we are not going through this again. Hold the baby." Max said. He leant down and took his nephew from his father's arms and offered him to Anna.

She went though a phase during the first few weeks of Luka's life where she simply refused to hold the little baby. She had a fear of doing something wrong and hurting the little baby.

"Are you sure?" Anna wondered looking down at the little boy in her best friend's arms.

"Yes. Now sit down." Max instructed her. She took a seat and Max sat down next to her slowly moving the baby from his arms to hers.

She shifted slowly until she got comfortable and the baby's head was resting on her elbow to support him.

Lio was staring up at the woman holding him causing Anna to smile down at the little boy in her arms.

"See. You're a natural." Max assured her with a smile on her face as he watched his best friend holding his nephew.

Victoria looked over and made eye contact with Tom. He nodded in reply telling her to tell them their decision.

"While you two are sitting there, we wanna ask you something." Victoria spoke up gathering everyone's attention was Tom sat down on the arm of the chair she was sitting on next to her mother and Kelly. "Tom and I wanna know if you two will be Lio's godparents?"

"Vic are you serious?" Anna asked looking between the blonde and the man next to her both of which nodded in reply. "Ah guys. I really wanna hug you both. I'd be honoured."

"Me too." Max nodded in agreement. The couple came around the back of the couch and wrapped the best friends in a hug careful not to hit the little boy in Anna's arms.

"You guys will be great godparents." Sophie told them both with a smile.

Kelly sat with a smile on her face as she watched the interaction although her smile was anything but sincere. That was the last thing she expected to happen when they came to see Lio today.

She herself never expected to be Lio's godmother as she and Max had only been together for a year but she also never expected it to be Anna and Max. She was slightly jealous but brushed it off as Tom came back into the room holding Luka who had just woken up from his nap.

—————