Chapter 1

The day has come. My first day at college.

I don't know if I can make it on my first day here. I stepped outside from the cab and saw many students came with their parents. I'm here all alone.

Alright, I can do this. You can do this Han Soyeon!

I entered the gate and walked to the hall to get my files. There were already lots of people here. Well, maybe it is because I woke up a bit late today and not to forget the cab driver went to the wrong house to pick me up. What a great day to start my day on my first day at college.

I went to the female students section and asked the staff at the counter, "Hi, may I know where to get the new student files?". "Hi! You're new here? What is your name dear?"

"I'm Han Soyeon."

"Han.. So..Yeon..", she was typing on her laptop with her cranky fingers. Maybe she was around 40 years old? "Alright, you can go to the counter number 3." She pointed to her right and smiled. "Thank you." I walked to the counter number 3 and saw the counter was named 'chimera'.

Wait, I think I noticed something

I looked back to the 2 counters and saw there were all named by mythical creatures, 'caladrius' and 'phoenix'. Were they means something?

I went to the counter and asked the staff about my files. She handed me the files, "Have a good day Miss Soyeon on your first day as a member of Chimera!"

Well that was something

I said thank you and walked to the door of the hall.

"Ouch!"

Is this a dream.. did my day just became more worse. I bumped into someone.

"Look at where you're going, you blind." I looked up to the person in front of me and studied her face clearly. "What you're deaf now? Say sorry you bitc-"

"You're the one who supposed to say sorry you know that right?", I said with a plain looked on my face. "What are you trying to say? You bumped into me and I need to say sorry to...you?", She looked me up and down. Typical college bitch.

I pointed to the sign next to the door. "Clearly you're the one who is blind here. Can't you read the sign exactly next to the door?" She looked at the sign and was stunned and she looked at me again. "Since you was too stunned to speak, let me read it for you. It says Out This Way. So, I guess you owe me an apology?" I looked at her with a smirk planted on my face.

"Whatever." She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "We will see which one of us will beg to apologize like a dog later." and walk passed me.

Little did I know, there were lots of eyes that was watching and some of them were whispering to each other. I just shrugged it off and went out the hall.

I looked into my files. There were schedules of my classes, maps of the college, and the name and number of my dorm room.

Chimera 277.

I followed the maps that shows the way to my dorm. Along the way, I noticed there were buildings that were named after the mythical creatures I saw earlier, Caladrius and Phoenix. There were bird-like statue in the middle of the building named Caladrius and a eagle-like statue in the middle of the Phoenix building.

Will the Chimera building be like that too?, I thought to myself.

Some of the people here were busy chatting, looking at the garden in front of Caladrius building, and some were like me, trying to figure out where is their building or what was happening. I could sense their aura when they were looking at me. It gave me chills.