Chapter 1: A Friendly Invitation

One of the many splendors of Wonderworld is the never ending possibilities. No matter who enters, Wonderworld always has something new to discover there. Always evolving, Always changing. But if there’s one downside to this is that, like many things when left unchecked, can grow wildy and unruly, eventually becoming a source of chaos and unrest. Whenever there's a new discovery, it's always up to someone to ensure that it doesn't cause harm, a task that usually falls onto the hands of the current maestro of the theater. But just because it was an important duty doesn't mean he can't have fun with it!

 A pair of children ventured into the theater, each being guided by a miniature army of tims. They made their way down the velvet carpet, wandering deeper inside, looking for their top-hatted friend. They soon came to a joining hallway where they finally met each other. Both had plotted together to surprise Balan by catching him off guard, there was no particular reason for them to do so, except for wanting to one-up the maestro of surprises at his own game. 

 “Leo, are you sure this will work? Balan probably knows this place like the back of his hand!" Emma whispered out looking over her shoulder, the itching feeling of being watched urging her to do so. 

 “Relax, Balan might be the one in charge, but he can’t keep an eye on everyone!” Leo explained, still moving up towards the stage. “Besides, he doesn’t seem to be paying attention right now; this is gonna be easy!”

 Both of them slithered their way through the crimson curtains, entering the isle of tims and immediately getting bombarded with cuddles from an entire swarm of the tiny fuzzy creatures.

 “Ahhh! Tim attack!!!” Leo cried out as both he and Emma became engulfed in a mountain of wannabe Peeps. The young girl blindly stuck her hand out of the top of the snuggle pileup, desperately reaching out to a nonexistent salvation.

 “Goodness, Little friends! They have enough love to be dividend!” A familiarly chipper voice called out, catching the attention of the vicious horde of fluff. “Run along, dear Tims. Go on, don’t feel grim.

 The swarm quickly dispersed, releasing both of their prisoners. The pair released a sigh of relief upon being freed, Leo dramatically collapsed to the ground giving the Tims another opportunity to tackle him. Emma sat down next to him, allowing a tiny yellow Tim to nestle on her lap, whilst three more perched themselves over her shoulders and head.

 Emma looked up at their savior and realized that they were saved by…Balan! But now he looked different from his usual self. Instead of his usual, flashy attire, today he was wearing something a tad more casual.

  His over-the-top top hat was now replaced with a dainty sun hat which reminded her of the one Jose usually wears, except this one was tan with a red ribbon tied around it. His mint green ‘hair’ was tied into a thick ponytail that was draped over his shoulder. He wore a pink, long-sleeved button up shirt that was tied above his elbows giving more than enough space for a pair of work gloves. His shirt was stuffed into a pair of loose, white pants, which in turn had both legs stuffed inside a pair of rubber boots.

 “My sweet friends, you should see your face! Did you really think I was a victim you could ace?” Balan chortled out in delight, letting out a loud belly laugh.

 Leo shot straight up, launching some of the Tims into the air. Both he and Emma exchanged a look. “Wha-What are you talking about, Bal?” He sputtered out, beads of sweat running down the side of his forehead. Balan shook his head whilst chuckling.

 “Leo, my boy, I run this theater, see? It takes a LOT to pull a fast one on me!” Balan explained scratching the chin of a Tim that flew onto his hand. “Tell me, what were your plans? Trick me to rub glue between my hands? Or perhaps make me sit in a cushy chair that goes whoopie, or rubber bugs that are wet and slimy? A trick question you were going to ask me? Or perhaps play a song by a man named Astley?”