♯002| 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐄 • idek who u r...

Börja om från början

"Are you a child? Why do you think that idea would be worth my time?" His indigo gaze pierced over the rim of his cup.

"Well, I don't know you, and you don't know me. Might as well."

He snickered before dropping his head to his palm, revealing a false smile and half-lidded eyes. It reminded you distinctly of what you imagine a snake would look like, before it struck.

"Sure Y/N! You go first."

"What do you think about relationships?" You boldly asked as you sipped one of the beverages, still remaining eye contact with him. Might as well get this over and done with.

Scaramouche stared at you, stunned, at the unexpected question.

"Did the alcohol in that beverage reach your head already?"

You furrowed your eyebrows but remained calm, determined to receive an answer.

"Just answer my question, Scaramouche."

"Do you think this is seriously appropriate behaviour to conduct yourself to a Harbinger, Y/N?"

"Are you still avoiding my question? I didn't know a Harbinger such as you was so rude."

His eyes narrowed even further.

"I have no interest in relationships. I see them as no more than a hindrance to complete my duty as a Fatui Harbinger."

"Are you sure?" You asked.

He gave you a perplexed gaze that perfectly translated yes dumbass, I am sure. Dumb, fucking ass. to which you nodded, muttering a chorus of... ah yep yeah got it.

"Tch. Even if someone was 'interested' in me, I don't think I would realise it anyway" he continued.

Your eyes widened as an idea sprung into your mind. You leaned over the desk, inching closer to him. Your hands now gently cupped the young ballendeer's face pulling it towards you. He could feel the warmth from the tip of your fingers prick the side of his cheeks.

The only thing stopping Scaramouche from clawing out your face was curiosity. He wanted to know what you were about to do. He studied your features closely, with that same stare you fell in love with. If looks could kill, you would be dead.

Those E/C eyes that boldly stared at him with anticipation wavered with so many unsaid thoughts that he couldn't quite pin-point. What in the fuck are you thinking of doing to me?

"I like you."

Three simple words that held several meanings in this case. Scaramouche's first instinct was that you were playing with him, was this some kind of sick joke to you. Another case was, were those 3 words spoken genuinely? Did someone such as you who had seemingly just met him a few days ago say such a thing?

"Would that be clear enough for you?" You asked, hoping for an answer.

You could feel your heart pounding out of your chest, as blood rushed towards your cheek and painted them a pretty pink. Your face beamed with hope and anticipation for his answer. Scaramouche's piercing violet gaze remained blank, expressionless.

Scaramouche pressed your arms down slowly, expression narrowing down to one of coiled anger.

"Get out."

"Scaramouche, I was jus-"

"I accepted this mission because it was finally my way to discover what a shithole Teyvat is. I'm not here to play some stupid game with you."

"I was-"

"Get out of my sight." He sneered, cutting you off.

One more word out of your mouth and it was dangerous to stay in the same room as him.

The 5 words that slipped out so easily from his mouth pierced your heart. The words seeped into your heart. It was the thought of how easily he stated them, tearing down all of your hopes of him, with him, in an instant.

You inhaled a sharp breath as you stood up from your seat. You looked at him one last time before swiftly exiting, the door closing again with a dramatic bang.

As soon as the door closed, Scaramouche let out an exasperated sigh. He should've asked for another partner when he had the chance. He walked towards the table and picked up the glasses of the unknown drinks. A disgusted expression covered his face as he observed the beverage

"Who would even drink this filth?" With a simple flick of the wrist, followed by the sound of glass shattering, your final effort to reach out to the man was dumped into the carpet.

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽──────
F I N
Word count: 1968

A/N:
Me: yay unrequited love
Also me: when the love is unrequited :(
——
it's been a while ey? im very sorry for not updating or giving any news about my disappearance.
I've been caught up with a ton of personal stuff and school has been a pain in the ass,
as well as losing motivation but I'm back for now. :^))
I hope you can forgive me for my abrupt disappearance,
I'll my best to handle my hiatus's and keeping you guys updated in the future.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I wanted to try something new and
slap y'all with some an angsty come back
Take care and tysm to those who are still supporting me<3
——
editors note: perpetuallyttired
Hello :)

DOODLE OF THE CHAPTER: