21 • Wretched • 21

wretch·ed

/ˈreCHəd/ adjective(of a person) in a very unhappy or unfortunate state.

~

Hori was nowhere in sight. He's probably hiding in the shadows since that's the only thing that he's good at. Bakugou thinks with intense bitterness as he and (F/n) rush down a hallway that leads to the control room and the office that held the warden. Or should've held the warden. They were nowhere in sight either.

Her limbs were tingling when the blood runs through her limbs quickly and the feeling slowly comes back. Bakugou wanted her to wait before rushing back into action, but (F/n)'s stubbornness got the better of her and she refused to back down.

One of the many things that Bakugou admired about her, yet he drove him insane at the same time. But who was he to point it out? He was the same way.

(F/n) would peek into the cells of the high-security inmates, the actual criminals, looking for Hori, but with how brightly lit the areas were, she doubted that he would be any of them. "Where the fuck is he?" She muttered to herself every few seconds. Her gut was telling her something, but she couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was trying to tell.

"THE CONTROL ROOM!" A boy with green hair shouts ahead of (F/n) and Bakugou and they picked up their pace, their feet barely touching the floor as they run down the hall. Outside of the control room are three security guards laying unconscious. A girl with short, brown hair and a round face was checking them for wounds before she zip-tied their hands behind their backs. "They shouldn't be any trouble when they wake up now."

(F/n) only nods at the girl and wraps her fingers around the metal handle of the control room door. She didn't expect it to open, but when it doesn't she lets out a frustrated huff. It didn't budge no matter how much she cursed and twisted it and she takes a few steps back before barrelling her shoulder into it. "It's a high-security door, dumbass," Bakugou says when he notices her failed attempts and holds his hand over the handle, letting an explosion off.

Yet, just like (F/n)'s attempts, he falls atop the pile of uselessness and she lets him know with a childish mockery under her breath.

"Let me try," the green-haired boy from before offers and Bakugou puffs his chest out before giving him a nod. There probably wasn't much Midoriya could do anyway since he had the band- Just like his hair, Midoriya's arm glows green and pink before he slams it into the door. "Fuck yeah!" (F/n) exclaims when the door swings open.

But that wasn't the only door. The doors that kept some of the deadliest criminals slowly started opening. Excited shouting and jeers erupted throughout the facility. The clatters of the criminal's quirk-concealing bands echoed almost as loudly as their voices.

The four teens looked at each other in horror before staring into the room where Hori stood with a look that (F/n) couldn't decipher. His hand now hovered over the plethora of buttons. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She shouts and rushes towards the buttons. NO, NO, NO. This wasn't the plan. Her (e/c) eyes frantically search for an automatic close option, but she only found it to be useless since it had been smashed to bits.

"We have the same goals, remember? We both want them out!" Hori said as if it was obvious. (F/n)'s hands fall to her sides and she turns to the ebony-haired male. She gives him a smile. A smile that was so fueled with rage that it made Midoriya and Ochaco take a step back.

"Green hair, round face, Bakugou" she spits out and her eyebrow twitches, "try and deal with the inmates." The two trembling soulmates didn't have to be told twice as they hurried down the halls. "What-" Was she really going to deal with this guy by herself? Yes. Yes, she was. "I SAID GO!" She shouts at Bakugou and he sneers at her before turning on his heel. The look that she held told him that she wasn't in the mood for arguments. 

In a matter of seconds, (F/n)'s hand was around Hori's throat and he was pinned against the wall. "You're a fucking idiot," she spits out and slams the male into the concrete wall, causing a grunt to leave Hori's lips.

"This was your plan all along? Are you a fucking villain?" (F/n)'s grip didn't falter as she pulled him towards her. 

"That's a wild accusation coming from a villain, isn't it?" Hori laughs in her face, causing her to slam him against the wall again. 

"I help the people. Unlike Talmer and you, I have a motive. People have been wrongly imprisoned here, but that doesn't mean that most of these prisoners don't need to be here. Some of them have killed people and used their quirks for injustice things. And people like you-," she tosses him onto the floor with all of her strength, "are one of them."

She stands over him, bringing her foot down against his stomach. "And I'll make sure you end up behind bars, you piece of shit."