16 • Mistake • 16

mis·take/məˈstāk/nounan action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.

(FILLER CHAPTER)

~

"This is strange," (F/n) says as she looks down at the pamphlet that Hori had given her, "are you sure this is it?" Her (e/c) eyes land on the dinghy motorboat that floats atop the water. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to even call it a boat and she was convinced that it would sink if stepped inside of it. "This looks sketchy as fuck."

Hori rubs the bridge of his nose through his mask and lets out an irritated sigh. "Did you not actually

the pamphlet? You've flipped through it so many times, I figured you had it memorized by now." Bakugou steps into the shitty boat, not wanting to stand around any longer than he had to. They were still on the radar, so two supposed criminals standing out in the open was like waving a big sign that said 'please arrest us' with flashing, neon arrows and Bakugou didn't want to take any chances.

Grabbing the pamphlet away from her, Hori tosses it on the dock and climbs into the boat as well. "The ship doesn't have a proper dock for people to board. It's always been like this." Knowing she didn't have much of a choice, she climbs in as well and asks, "you've done this before?"

Hori sheepishly nods and grabs the handle to the motor, "yes. Mr. Talmer liked to visit rather often with his boss. I also went along for their 'afternoon tea'," he pauses and pulls the string, causing the motor to spurt and grumble but it starts up moments later, "it's how I learned the layout."

(F/n) nods along with his words, paying more attention to the water that swayed and splashed around the boat. It reminded her of Talmer and how unlucky she'd be if they were to face off on a ship.

"So- who's the dominate?" Hori suddenly asks nonchalantly and Bakugou's eyes widen, his posture immediately stiffens. The blond hadn't thought much of the submissive-dominant thing and he didn't realize how touchy he'd be with the subject.

"She is," Bakugou finally answers when he notices how concentrated (F/n) is.

Hori hums in acknowledgment, keeping the boat from steering off the path.

The water moved in smooth, fluid patterns, and (F/n) found it mesmerizing. It had been so long since she was able to get away from everything and hear herself think, but she has to pull her eyes away from the calling waves. She takes in the sight of her Soulmate. The rosy, exposed skin that was being kissed by the icy air, the messy pieces of blond hair that flew around or tangled themselves together. He looked like he was straight out of a romance anime and the thought made her pull her mask up so she could smile widely. Then she began to think about their future. Not just after the mission, though. What would things be like between the two of them?

Would he be happy with her? What if he eventually rejected her as his Soulmate? It wasn't common, but it wasn't unheard of. Her mind kept juggling thoughts similar to these and her smile left just as quickly as it came. She swallows harshly and turns her gaze towards her lap. Those thoughts were one of the many reasons she didn't want a Soulmate. Because what if it all turned out to be a mistake?